XI. Forest of Giant Trees

IN WHICH ARAMINTA MAKES HER FIRSTKILL!*ೃ༄ ARMS TONITE  ∕  CHAPTER ELEVEN

KILL!
*ೃ༄
ARMS TONITE  ∕  CHAPTER ELEVEN

IN WHICH ARAMINTA MAKES HER FIRSTKILL!*ೃ༄ ARMS TONITE  ∕  CHAPTER ELEVEN

OF COURSE IT HAD BEEN JEAN KIRSTEIN WHO HAD LOST HIS HORSE. Okay, Reiner and Armin had lost theirs as well, but Jean was the one she chose to blame it on, as she did with most things. If it hadn't been for the fact that this was a serious expedition where she was supposed to take things seriously, she absolutely would have mocked him for the rest of the trip for this, but she decided to take it easy on him.

"Aw, family reunion." She cooed as her and Christa strolled up with the two stray horses in tow. Yes, this was taking it easy on him. "Is this one your cousin? Or maybe your mom?"

"Shut the hell up, Araminta." He grunted, but he was horrible at hiding the relief on his face.

Araminta's gaze shifted to Reiner, hoping to see him laughing at her joke or just at all happy to see her, but his eyes were glued to Christa, lips parted as if God herself was here in front of him. She began to chew on her cheek out of frustration.

"Oh my god, how did you guys find them?" Armin exclaimed, rushing over to the two of them.

"I don't know, they just showed up. What's with the bandage?" She inquired, reaching up to gesture to her own forehead. Armin paused and glanced up, a frown spreading across his face.

"They seemed totally spooked." Christa spoke up before Armin got the chance to respond. "Did you guys... Encounter Titans or something?" She asked, looking worried.

"You took a chance following that flare over here." Reiner ignored her question.

"Well, horses coming from this direction, flares going off, we wanted to make sure everything was okay. Especially after getting separated from our own leader." Araminta explained to the three of them.