IV. Death and All His Friends

IN WHICH EREN JAEGER IS DEAD!*ೃ༄ ARMS TONITE  ∕  CHAPTER FOUR

*ೃ༄
ARMS TONITE ∕ CHAPTER FOUR

        IT HAD BECOME A NORMAL THING for Araminta to stay late after the cadets had been dismissed for the day

        IT HAD BECOME A NORMAL THING for Araminta to stay late after the cadets had been dismissed for the day. She wasn't necessarily falling behind the other cadets in their training, but recently she hadn't been excelling in the way she wanted to. No, Araminta was not usually a perfectionist, in fact through most of her childhood she had half assed everything she did. But, Araminta was not in the Cadet Corps solely for herself--it was also a way to avenge her family and make their deaths worth it. So, if she was going to be a soldier, she would be the best damn soldier she could be.

      One place she seemed to be especially lacking right now was her hand to hand combat skills. While the other cadets had left to eat food--(Sasha claimed she would have stayed with Araminta had it not been dinner time, but Araminta had a feeling Sasha wouldn't have stayed regardless)--she was out on the training grounds, practicing with some dummy that had been left out. It was dark out, except for a small lantern she had hung up nearby and the glow of a full moon overhead. Minus the sounds of her fists through the air and her huffs, it was quiet out.

      Her canvas jacket was tossed onto the dirt next to her, leaving her in only the black sleeveless shirt she'd picked out, relishing in the feeling of the cold air against her hot skin. The exhaustion from the training she'd already endured had just hit her, along with the aching feeling in her stomach that longed for some food. It was probably stupid to skip dinner to work on training that she might never improve at, but she couldn't help herself. She would just try to eat extra tomorrow, (spoiler alert: she was just going to train again the following night as well).

      With an exaggerated groan, she threw one last punch before practically folding in half and letting her arms and head dangle in front of her. Just a short break, then she would continue her training. Honestly, she planned to keep going until she couldn't feel her arms anymore. Sure, it would hurt later but it would be worth it in the long run, right?