XVI. The Armored Titan

IN WHICH ARAMINTA IS BETRAYED!*ೃ༄ ARMS TONITE  ∕  CHAPTER SIXTEEN

*ೃ༄
ARMS TONITE ∕ CHAPTER SIXTEEN

        ARAMINTA DID NOT CONSIDER HERSELF TO BE AFRAID OF HEIGHTS

ARAMINTA DID NOT CONSIDER HERSELF TO BE AFRAID OF HEIGHTS. She'd been in the air before, whether it be whizzing around with ODM gear or cleaning cannons on top of Wall Rose, being high up in the air had never really scared her before. But that was probably because during those times, she'd always had her ODM gear, acting as her safety net. There was nothing to be scared of, since she would just be able to catch herself, right?

       But now, as she was being lifted up alongside the wall, on a thin board attached to a few wires without her gear and instead with a broken wrist, she could confidently say she was scared. She looked down at her feet, and the entire world below had become minuscule. The realization of how high up she was made her sick to her stomach.

        She attempted to ease her nerves by not looking straight down below her, but rather at the rolling fields laid out in front of her, stretching all the way past the horizon. It really was a nice view, all the way up there. And very few people in their world got to experience that view, Araminta was extremely lucky to be one of those who got to take in all of its beauty.

         After twenty minutes of what felt like torture, ascending up into the sky--which was very cloudy, by the way, and very dark--she finally reached the top. It looked like a storm was festering; she hoped it would pass and they wouldn't blown off the top of the wall by the powerful winds or anything like that. That would absolutely be the most unpleasant way to go out.

        With a grunt, Araminta swung her arm up over the wall's edge, attempting to hoist herself up onto the stone. Thankfully a hand appeared, wrapping around her arm to help pull her up. And god did she feel embarrassed, kicking her legs behind her as they searched for something to grip onto, looking like a fish out of water. Whenever she saw her gear again, she was never ever going to let it go.