XXII. As The World Caves In

IN WHICH ARAMINTA GETS KISSES A BOY!*ೃ༄ ARMS TONITE  ∕  CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

*ೃ༄
ARMS TONITE ∕ CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

IN WHICH ARAMINTA GETS KISSES A BOY!*ೃ༄ ARMS TONITE  ∕  CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

THE IDEA OF DEATH BARELY FAZED ARAMINTA ANYMORE. After watching not only her family but also thousands of other people killed in the fall of Wall Maria, and after watching her fellow soldiers she'd trained with for three years die in The Battle of Trost, and after watching one of her closest friends turn into a Titan and murder soldiers that were supposed to be his comrades, she had witnessed enough death. Probably way more death than a fifteen year old should witness, but that's beside the point.

What did faze Araminta, though, was the idea of being the one doing the killing. To become the hand of death, and take the lives of other people, was something entirely different that terrified her. She knew it was the only way she was going to survive the bloodbath they were about to walk into, the only way to properly defend herself, but that didn't make the idea any less nauseating to her.

She knew she could do it, she'd already done it once before. She was more concerned how she was going to react to it afterward. After she'd done the killing, after they'd completed their mission, once she finally got a moment alone with her thoughts, what was going to happen to her then? Would she go insane and throw herself in harms way just to escape the awful thoughts plaguing her mind?

As she pondered this hypothetical, her gaze drifted over to Captain Levi. That was someone who knew the answers to all the questions she had, that was the person most equipped to help her. Now wasn't the time to approach him, though. Not when they were busy getting ready to break into a church basement, fight a bunch of trained killers, and retrieve Eren and Historia. And definitely not when she was pretty sure she'd figured out a very crucial piece of information about him that he seemed to be in denial about. Either that, or he was completely oblivious. Both were extremely possible.

So, Araminta settled on saving her questions for when (read: if) they made it out of that death trap alive. Two seasoned soldiers and some kids who just barely graduated the cadet corps a few months ago were more than capable of going up against a group of soldiers who had been trained to kill other humans, right? She hoped so.