XXI. So Incredibly Outmatched

IN WHICH ARAMINTA GETS WHACKED!*ೃ༄ ARMS TONITE  ∕  CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

*ೃ༄
ARMS TONITE ∕ CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

IN WHICH ARAMINTA GETS WHACKED!*ೃ༄ ARMS TONITE  ∕  CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

ARAMINTA HATED JEAN KIRSTEIN. Levi, Armin and Mikasa were supposed to head out, with the latter two disguised as Military Police using uniforms they'd just stolen from two soldiers wandering through the woods, and while they were doing that, Araminta figured it would be a good time for her to at least try and get some sleep, even if it was a lost cause.

        For the last few nights, she hadn't been able to catch even a wink of sleep. Every time she closed her eyes, the images of either Eren getting eaten by some ugly Titan or the image of the person she had shot falling out of the sky appeared, and that made her way too stressed to sleep. The stress also meant she hadn't eaten anything, since her stomach was tied into a mess of knots and she hadn't been able to keep anything down.

So, her plan at the time had been to find a nice spot to lay down and try to sleep until Levi and the others got back, and if that didn't work, she'd try to eat food. And if that didn't work, then she'd probably work out or stare at the trees and do nothing. Now, it definitely wasn't the world's most exciting plan, but it was a plan nonetheless. But, Jean Kirstein just had to ruin it all, just like he always ruins everything!

"Sasha, go tie these guys up." Levi had instructed, and the brunette nodded obediently in return. The "these guys" he was referring to were the two Military Police officers they had kidnapped earlier, who were kneeling down by the riverbank and looking very sad. Honestly, Araminta felt a bit of pity for them. Especially for the look on their faces when they found out their poor colleague Annie, who they'd thought had been killed by the Female Titan, actually was the Female Titan.

Then Levi had began to walk away, leaving Araminta, Sasha, Jean and Connie (and their prisoners) all alone, but Jean stopped him with a quick "Captain". He paused, and turned to look at Jean, who said, "Please let me do it." Now, Araminta couldn't figure out why the hell Jean would want to volunteer to tie up their prisoners, but what Jean did was Jean's business so she didn't really care all that much.