XX. The Universe

IN WHICH ARAMINTA PONDERS THE UNIVERSE!*ೃ༄ ARMS TONITE  ∕  CHAPTER TWENTY

*ೃ༄
ARMS TONITE ∕ CHAPTER TWENTY

         USUALLY, THE STARS THAT LITTERED THE NIGHT SKY WOULD BRING ARAMINTA COMFORT

USUALLY, THE STARS THAT LITTERED THE NIGHT SKY WOULD BRING ARAMINTA COMFORT. She could stare up, counting the different little lights in the sky for hours, totally entranced by the sheer amount of them. Or she would be able to pick out little shapes, making up stories based on their formations just like people would do in the ancient times.

What made it even better, though, was doing it all with Eren while taking breaks during their late night training sessions.

But now, the stars were just a reminder of her failure. Instead of her heart swelling at the sight of the glittering cosmos, it sank. All she could think about was that cart being dragged away from her, and there being nothing she could do about it. And now, all she could do was just hope that wherever he was, he was safe.

         "Hey, they're almost here." Mikasa's voice and hand on her shoulder startled Araminta, causing her to nearly leap out of her skin. "Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." She frowned, taking note of Araminta's reaction.

"That's alright," Araminta replied, and took a deep breath in an attempt to chill her nerves. "Has Levi given the signal yet?"

"No," Mikasa leaned over the corner, and Araminta took it as a sign to do the same. "I just could tell you were deep in thought, and figured you'd want to be prepared for when he does."

"Mm..." Araminta hummed, seeing the carriage they were expecting approaching them. Inside were the Military Police officers that were believed to be responsible for torturing and murdering Pastor Nick. Dimo Reeves had told them they would be ambushing Levi and his squad, but in reality it would be the other way around. The squad would ambush them as soon as Levi gave the signal.