4. THE EXCHANGE BEGINS

And upon the realisation of the harsh cold reality, Sam avoided Noah like the plague, not coming within a 10-metre radius around him, turning away when he casually tried to greet Sam, refusing any help he tried to offer, trying not to smile back at the heart-melting smiles Noah sometimes threw his way and avoiding stealing glances at him, which he secretly stole sometimes because he was compelled by the charming boy of his dreams.

Sam had never believed in destiny or fate but a very tiny, little corner of his heart wanted to believe that it would lead up to Noah.

Bullshit!

He shook his head. Nonsense, that was never happening! Noah Smith was going to find an equally attractive girlfriend and they were gonna rub it in his face. Maybe not Noah, maybe someone else. But definitely not Noah. No matter how badly Sam wished him to be.

He was snapped back from his thoughts when Hannah waved the bottle before him, the dark liquid splashing against the insides of the glass container.

"So what do you say?" She asked, her dark-painted lips moving with the words.

It didn't hurt to try, Sam thought. He cleared his throat because thinking of Noah, always made his throat constrict.

"Fine, what do you want?" He asked.

"One-dollar bill will be fine," Hannah grinned. "There's a kissing booth. I am saving up for it." She giggled, "The Swim team has organized it. Noah Smith will be there too," she sighed dreamily, "Oh how long I had waited to kiss those pink, plump-"

Sam slammed his hand on the table with a dollar bill, making Hannah jump in her seat, "I am leaving." He grabbed the bottle and stomped out of the psychic's chamber.

"Thank you for visiting us!" The assistants chirped. "May fate be with you."

After the short angry walk, it took Sam some time to cool down. Why was he even angry? Was it because every other random girl could openly tell how she wanted to kiss Noah or could actually kiss him with an exchange of a dollar? Or was it because he couldn't do either of those?

Was that jealousy in the air? Sam waved his hands to clear it out.

Thinking about Noah always got him riled up. He pushed all thoughts of Noah away. He was the plague, remember? Gotta stay away, he kept telling himself.

He really needed to just suck it up and move the fuck on. But it was Noah we were talking about and as much as Sam wanted to forget him, he just couldn't. But come on, there were other hot guys available. Sam ruffled his light brown hair in frustration, making them even more unruly than before. He was having a mental debate with himself when somebody called his name.

"Hey Samuel," Ian came running to him. He stopped taking deep breaths, one hand resting on his hip and the other pointing at the bottle with his long nail. "Can I have this? It's black paint, right?"

.

.

.

To be continued...........