13. NATALIE

Contrary to the start of his journey, he was feeling a tiny bit of hope that may the luck of the universal coincidences be with him and Hannah's prediction would be true, the day ending with him meeting his fated boy.

Now for finding the said destined mate, Sam had to go on carrying the exchanges till it led him to an actual person. For that to happen, he must do something with this thing in his hands. Now, where would a bag of flour be likely to be used?

He didn't even have to think long as his legs walked him in the direction of the cafeteria.

He soon halted before the nearest classroom as he saw a large banner of a cafe styled booth set in there by the cooking club.

Yup! Refined flour would definitely have some use in that place, Sam thought and made his way inside.

He entered the well-decorated cafe which was set up in that classroom, not that it looked like one now. For anyone entering there, it looked like an actual, legit cafe.

He saw the dwindling customers and a girl, who was supposed to be the club president, stressed out as she looked at her wristwatch every other second.

She was probably waiting for someone, so did the other members of the booth while one of them served whatever few customers they had. All the members of the club had kitten themed uniforms on. Typical barista ones for the boys and black and white, frayed skirts for the girls.

The club president expectantly looked at the door in hopes of seeing whoever she was waiting for but instead, she saw Sam.

She froze.

Like but witnessing an angel's descent from heaven, the club members gaped at Sam with sparkling eyes.

Sam looked bewildered. What was with this sudden attention? He felt his face heating up.

"You are finally here!" The club president rejoiced, her voice full of renewed hope, spirit uplifted as in Christmas. "Did Mike send you?"

The president, who had the name tag of 'Natalie' scooted closer. She clasped Sam's free hand and asked again, "Mike sent you, didn't he?" The club members nodded twice in unison.

Huh?!

Who was this Mike guy?

"Um… no."

Another club member clung to his shoulder. "He must be an Angel then! A god sent help!" He exclaimed. Everyone nodded thrice. "An Angel!!!"

Heh?!

Sam was no Angel. He was no devil either. He was just… Sam. The epitome of neutrality.

"I think there has been a misunderstanding," he said, shrugging. The faces of the club members paled and their hold on him tightened to a death grip.

Sam's ears went red upon realising that two people were touching him. "Can you let go of me?" He asked timidly.

The club members retracted, looking dead on the inside like their souls had left their bodies. "What are we gonna do now?" Everyone was stressed.

Natalie looked at Sam, pleading. "But you have a flour bag, right?"

Sam pursed his lips, then nodded.