16. MR EYE CANDY

To be honest, Sam didn't have high hopes for Hannah's prediction to come true. But in the meantime, he had started to get hopeful.

Whatever.

Doughnut, doughnut, here we go!

He was smiling ear to ear when a guy bumped into him, snapping him out of his daydream. Sam protectively covered the box, hugging it close to his chest. He was ready to give a cold glare to this stranger, who had threatened his doughnut.

However, he couldn't really utter a harsh word seeing the apologetic handsome face. And so Sam's anger just flew away. Just like that. Curse handsome guys and their stupid, handsome faces!

Wait a minute. Was he the fated one?

"Sorry, bud," the guy apologized and hurriedly disappeared inside the cooking club's booth.

Looks like he was not.

'Well, he was sure an eye candy,' Sam thought to himself.

Of course, he could still appreciate handsome and beautiful guys while still having a major crush on the one who was both.

Sam shrugged.

Now that Mr Eye Candy was out of the way, he was left alone with his doughnut that he couldn't wait any longer to devour till the last bite. But fate wasn't done with Sam yet, for Mr Eye Candy came back and stopped right in front of him.

"Hey!" Mr Eye Candy panted, trying to catch his breath. Sam stopped with the doughnut box in his hands.

Did he come running all the way? Just to catch up with him?

Sam blinked slowly, his lips etched in a frown as he tilted his head in confusion. Then it dawned upon him.

Was this guy really the fated one? Was he Sam's destined boyfriend? Was this what the exchange day led him up to? If yes, then he would gladly give away the doughnut to the fates.

Finally, he was graduating from his singlehood. Finally, he could show off his boyfriend to his parents and put a stop to their nagging. Finally, he could get over Noah!

Single Sam, goodbye! You will not be missed!

Right then, Mr Eye Candy decided to put a halt to his daydreams for the second time this day, "Hey, do you mind if I take this?" He said pointing at the doughnut. "Please man, you got the last one. My girlfriend wants it so bad. She'll probably go nuts on me if I return empty-handed."

Sam's face went stoic.

Of course, he had a girlfriend. They always did. However, it didn't sting him the way he had thought it would. Well, he didn't even know the guy, to begin with. That and he felt worse for his doughnut. The glazed delicacy was waiting for him to be eaten. He could hear the sugary sweet doughnut calling him, begging him to chomp on it. How could he just give it away?

"Please, man. I'll even pay double if you want," Mr Eye Candy had this urgency in his voice, the panic reflecting on his face.

Sam looked at him as the intensity of the moment grew. Then he looked at the doughnuts and his heart flapped in denial of it. To give or not to give?

Which was it?