21. THE FATED ONE!

Oh boy, was Noah Smith a good kisser! The entire time they spent kissing made him feel like he was floating on clouds. It was soft, sweet and much more at the same time. The way he kissed made Sam go weak in the knees. He swore if they did it any minute longer and he could turn into a puddle.

They pulled away, resting their foreheads together, both in a daze.

"I thought it was just me," Sam managed, his voice shaking as he kept on holding Noah's broad shoulders for support because he would definitely collapse if not for them. "I thought I was the only one-"

"No, you weren't," Noah said, squeezing Sam closer to him than he already was. His larger palm came up to wipe the tears under Sam's eyes. God, he hated to see him cry.

"All this time, you were the only one for me, Sam," Noah said, kissing his eye.

"I even begged the librarian to let me assist her when you were on the library duty." he kissed the other eye.

"I would pretend to forget my books so that I can ask you to share yours with me." He wiped a tear-stained cheek with the sleeve of his orange hoodie.

"I searched for you everywhere you could be at to at least get a glimpse of you, did everything to make you notice me. I tried talking to you but you seemed like you didn't want to. You kept avoiding me. So I felt like I was making you uncomfortable and I backed off."

"No! Of course not!" Sam cupped Noah's face. "You never made me uncomfortable." How could this boy even think that?

"It's me. It was all me. I was being this stupid, cowardly, piece of shit who couldn't confess to his crush that I am so hopelessly in love with him." Sam felt guilty and embarrassed even as he said the words now when everything seemed to be falling into place. "I am so sorry if I ever hurt you."

Noah shook his head, "I am at fault too. Sorry for not telling you that I found you tremendously cute."

Sam blushed till his eyes turned red. "I-..." He sputtered, rubbing the back of his neck as pink dust settled on his cheeks. The compliment made him feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. His eyes closed in perfect arches, tilting his head a little as he smiled. "Thank you, Noah," he said in a soft, angelic voice.

This… this was what had driven Noah crazy all these months. The way Sam said his same name drove him insane all over again. He immediately pulled the boy in another kiss, earning a cute gasp from him before he gave in to the feverish kiss.

They backed up to the lockers with Noah pinning Sam against the cold metal. Sam desperately hung onto him as their lips never left the other's touch. His hands raked through Noah's dark curls, messing them even more. They were softer than he had imagined.