Chapter 3

Few days later

"The test results came in", Chloe burst open my door with her computer and sat on my bed.

"Already?", she nodded and started scrolling through.

"What'd you get?", I sat up and leaned against the headboard.

"Ninety seven... fuck yes", Chloe jumped off the bed and flipped off the computer. I started laughing and I turned her computer onto my lap. I was mumbling myself.... praying that I passed. I typed in my log in and started scrolling.

I reached my name, "You do it- I can't." I moved it off of me, my body was tense with anxiety.

Chloe looked at my score, "You got a seventy two." My heart dropped and I checked myself; she lied, I got a ninety eight.

"Dickhead", I pulled the covers over me, shielding me from the cold. Chloe reached over and yanked the blanket off me, "Get dressed we're drinking tonight. You don't get a say, let's go." I groaned and stood up going into the bathroom.

I showered and brushed my teeth. "Is anyone else going or just us?", I called from my room. I put on some jeans and my gray quarter zip. I walked out of the room and into her room.

"Uh Anthony probably, I'll see if Andrew can go." She said going around her room looking for clothes.

She finished up and we drove over to Anthony's; I knocked on the door. Moments later the door swung open, there was a woman standing there.

Taken back I stared at her, "Uh- Is tony here." She didn't respond but opened the door wider for us to enter.

"Ella whos he- oh hey", Chloe and I stared at him. Tony didn't have anything on, only a sheet covering his bottom half. I covered his body from my line of sight.

"Mind putting something on, we're going to the bar."

"Don't have to tell me twice", Chloe and I left to go wait in the car. She blasted music, turning the bass up.

The whole car shook, we didn't even notice Anthony getting in the back seat. "I already texted Andrew he's just meeting us there."

Chloe pulled out of the parking spot and drove off to the bar. It was six o'clock, and it was filled with two kinds of people. The groups and singles, all of them grinding up on each other as soon as we walked in.

I could feel the temperature change, it immediately got ten degrees warmer.

We went across the bar over to a booth, Andrew went to the bar to get us shots. "So how's you and your boyfriend?", Anthony said chuckling. I smacked his arm, "He's not my boyfriend... he's married."

"Happily?", Andrew said, walking back to us with a tray of shots.

"I mean I don't know honestly... Hayley seems fine but she's been off. Coming home drunk and suddenly she doesn't have time for her son. That leaves Aaron alone having to call me most of the time to watch him. I don't mind it but I feel bad for him. Aaron just seems more stressed than he usually is."

"You actually care about him don't you?", I grabbed a shot off the tray and swung my head back. The vodka burning down my throat; warming my body.

"I mean yeah- he's my boss and a good man. I'd be lying if I said I didn't like him but again, he's married."

All of them grabbed a drink and downed it. "Not to mention he's like fifteen years older than you."

Chloe took another, "Doesn't really bother me that much."

They raised their eyebrows at me, I shrugged, "You can't judge." I knew I had a 'certain type' and that type was older men.

The age really didn't bother me if anything it made things better. Every guy I've ever dated that was my age ended up being so immature, that's a turn off for me. I already babysat one child I don't need to add another.