Chapter 18

"Did you study for the test?", I looked up at him in surprise. He turned to me scanning my face, "So that's a no."

"It completely slipped my mind, if you haven't noticed I've been a bit busy", I gesture between the both of us. Knowing that we've been taking up each other's time constantly.

He chuckled and put on his button up, "I'll give you a pass this time. Y/n you better not forget next time or there'll be consequences."

My mind wandered along those words, trying to figure out what he meant. I knew there was a darker side to him, it was obvious.

I wanted to find out how to bring it out of him. "Like what?", the smallest smirk formed on his face.

He didn't answer, going into the bathroom to brush his teeth. I followed soon after, ready to leave.

The past few days, I had stayed over at Aaron. Some nights he would stay over my apartment but it was easier to just be at his house.

Chloe was always at home after she had woken up at the hospital. And for good reason, I'd be scared to go out too.

I had spent some time with Jack but for the majority of the time he was with Hayley. She had run into Aaron and I while we were out at a restaurant. We went out of our way to go forty five minutes out of town in case we ran into someone and of course it was her.

She just stared at us, never asking us anything.

"I wanna take you out", I held out my hand and he took it. We walked out of his house and he locked the door behind us. Going to the car we both got in, I didn't have my car because Chloe needed to borrow it.

"How can I say no", smiling at him as he drove out of the neighborhood.

"Tonight?"

"Tonight", I said and a silence took over the car. Both of us just sitting, the quiet humming of the car as it went down the road was something that took my focus.

I looked at the window and stared at the passing buildings. "How'd you do in the academy?", Aaron turned his focus to me, taking his eyes off the road.

"What was that?"

"The academy... how'd you do?", he looked back at the road and I glanced at him. "Well."

"Well? Like how", Aaron turned into a coffee shop. "As well as you'd aspect." I rolled my eyes and he parked the car.

"That doesn't help. How was it?" Aaron got out of the car and opened the passenger side door. I got out using Aaron's hand, "Why are you asking?"

We walked into the shop and got in line for the register. "I don't know... I just want to know what to expect."

"Y/n you'll be fine, it is challenging but nothing you can't handle." I was getting worried about it. Something that was always at the back of my mind. I knew there were women in the FBI obviously but I was preparing for them to reject me.

Because I was a woman they wouldn't want me. The fact that Aaron had faith in me made it easier. I nodded at his words and we stepped forwards and ordered.

Getting our drinks we walked out and got back into the car. Heading to the campus, I still needed him to help me study.

We had started a new unit and it was harder than I thought it would be, my grade going from an A to a high B.

Most people would still be glad and hell yeah I was but I just needed the extra support.

The drive to campus was filled with casual conversation, some about Jack and how he was doing.