Chapter 4

I fluttered my eyes open and saw darkness. I didn't have much of a headache from the alcohol last night.

I groan and sit up, grabbing my phone. It was 6AM, I used my phone and turned on my tv. Laying back down I started watching Hulu; I heard footsteps approaching my door. The door swung, "Morning." I hummed in response.

"So... you gonna tell Hotch today?" The realization set in, I had to tell him that his wife might be unfaithful. I still couldn't get over it, he didn't do anything to deserve that. I'm not going to hold it over Hayley in case it was a misunderstanding.

Chloe joined me and laid on my bed, watching my show with me. I didn't realize time had gone by as fast as it did, only realizing when the sun started rising. It was 7:30AM by the time I turned off the tv.

I knew I needed to get to Hotchs soon, Chloe got off the bed and went into her room. I stood up and went into the bathroom and took a shower.

When I got out I walked to my closet and threw on a cardigan and jeans. "I'll be back later", I called out so she knew I was leaving. I left the apartment and started driving to his house. It was a Friday, there were a line of cars leading to the city as people left their houses for work.

When I arrived it was 8AM, I thought Hayley wasn't going to be here. There were two cars in the driveway, but I knew Hotch was inside.

I used my key and opened the door; I closed it behind me, placing my things on the side table. My phone started to vibrate, I took it out of my pocket. Hotch.

"I know we were supposed to talk this morning but I got called in early. I don't know if I told you last night but Hayley was able to stay home with Jack today." So whose car was in the driveway.

"Oh okay." I heard a faint sound coming from down the hallway. I knew he wasn't but I needed to make sure. "You're not at the house right?" I wandered down the hallway towards the bedroom and the sounds were getting louder.

"No, why? Y/n what's going on?", he had worry in his voice but I didn't answer him. The door to the bedroom was cracked open and I took a peak. I was fucking right. My jaw dropped at the sight in front of me. Hayley was fucking another guy.

I quietly stepped away from the room and back into the living room. "Hotch- I think you should come home... like now would be better."

"I'm on my way", this cheating bitch.

She thinks she can do that to him, who the hell does she think she is. Hayley was actually doing it, I wanted him to be here so it wasn't her word against mine. I knew he'd believe me but this isn't something to take lightly. Hotch needed to see this for himself.

I headed for the kitchen sitting on the counter, waiting for Hotch to come home, for Hayley to be done with her friend. I felt guilty and upset, more than I should be. I hadn't talked to Hotch about what I thought of Hayley; wanting to be respectful I kept it all to myself.

I heard the shower turn on and the two of them talking, mostly about how good it was. The thought made me sick to my stomach; I didn't want them to leave the room and find me in the house. That'd be a very awkward conversation that I'd rather avoid.

To my luck I saw Hotch pull into the driveway. He got out of his car and walked to the door, unlocking it and coming inside. He stared at me in the kitchen and went up to me. "What's going on?" My heart broke for him.

"Hotch I'm sorry for what I'm about to tell you. Hayley she..." I felt a lump in my throat; his face was littered with confusion. I saw in his eyes his heart bracing for the information that was about to fall from my lips.

I opened my mouth to speak but I heard footsteps coming down the hallway. Two to be exact, Hayley and her friend walked out not noticing us. My eyes were glued to her as she went to the couch to say goodbye. Hotch turned around and saw them.

Still unaware of our presence Hayley turned to him. "I had a good time, bye." And right there in front of us she placed a kiss on his lips pulling him in closer.

Hotch's demeanor changed quick; going from confused to broken and angry. "Hayley", his voice was coated with anger but I could hear the hurt in his voice as he watched his wife kiss another man.

The sound of his voice scared her as she turned around and protected her little affair; standing in front of him. Hotch took steps forward towards them both.

The man threw his hands up, "You're married?" He was scared; speaking to Hayley but looking directly at Hotch.

"I- I should... go", the man said shakily.

Hotch's voice was dark, "That'd be best." The man practically ran out the house and jumped into his car; leaving quickly.

I was a witness to everything, seeing what was unraveling. Aaron forgot about who else was in the room, only focusing on the problem at hand.

"Why?", Hotch raised his voice; demanding an answer on why his wife that he gave everything to would do this to him.

Hayley didn't answer, feeling little under his gaze. "Fine, don't tell me, but you have five minutes to leave the house... now."

She stood up and gained some confidence. "You can't, I live here too remember",

Hotch scoffed at her words and folded his arms against his chest. "The house is in my name. It's mine, maybe you can stay with your little affair until something happens."

She walked down the hallway throwing her thing into a bag and left the house in a matter of seconds, I could see the small tears brimming in her eyes. She deserved whatever was coming to her. Hayley left and the front door slammed behind her, Aaron let out a shaky deep breath.

I hesitantly went to his side, placing a hand on his back.

He tensed to my touch then relaxed, "What do you need me to do?" He faced me with cracks in his heart. I could tell obviously this was getting to him but he tried to hold on as long as he could without shattering.

Right out of high school, that's how long he was with Hayley. Getting married they both vowed to never hurt each other and she just broke that.

He was internally falling apart. The anger dissipated and all that was left was pain. He wanted to hug me, to get some comfort.

I read his mind pulling him towards me; his head resting on mine. I could feel the silent cry coming from Aaron.

He wrapped his arms around my torso as he brought me closer. We stood there for a few minutes until Aaron calmed down, he pulled away when he got a text. He took out his phone reading it; I stood in front of him, waiting for... something. "Sorry, that was Jessica, Hayley took him over there so she could..."

I reached my hand up, it rested on his jaw and the base of his neck. He leaned into my touch, if the situation was under better circumstances I'd take the chance. But I didn't wasn't to take advantage of his fragile state. He closed his eyes and took steady deep breaths.

I spoke as softly as I could, "Aaron if there's anything you need. I'm here."

Aaron opened his eyes and stared at me, "Thank you... and thank you for letting me know about that whole thing." He was referring to his bitch of a wife.

"I should go", I waited for his reaction, any sign he wanted me to stay but he agreed and walked me to the door.

Before I left I swung my arms around him, mumbling into his neck. "Bye Aaron."

"Bye." Then I walked away to my car.