Chapter 5

It was radio silent for the next few weeks. Hotch barely reached out which honestly I expected. He had other things to worry about like his son and how the situation was going to play out.

Based on the last time I spoke to him, Hayley wanted to try and work things out.

If Hotch had texted me I would've gone wherever he wanted me to. I wanted to help him but I guess everything happens for a reason. I had to think about school, what classes I was going to take and now that I was a senior starting October I needed to think about the FBI.

I was sitting on the couch watching tv when Chloe came inside the room.

"Look who I found", I glanced over my shoulder and Chloe held out her phone.

It was Hayley and she was with her boy toy, "She's still seeing him? Hotch told me she wanted to work things out."

Chloe shrugged her shoulders, "Guess not." What was Hayley expecting, that he was gonna let her back in and she was just going to hurt him again.

The thought brought a bad taste to my mouth, not in the mood to watch tv anymore I turned it off.

I stood up and went into my room, grabbing my keys and walking out the front door. I just needed to drive, try and turn my brain off for a moment.

Again why I cared so much about a problem that's not even mine, I don't know. I wasn't with Hayley, she didn't cheat on me; it was Hotch. But for some reason I took it personally, maybe it was because of Jack? That now she didn't have time for him?

How she dropped her son off at her sisters so she can fuck someone else.

Maybe it was just the fact that I clearly cared for Hotch and Hayley hurt him? I was driving for one reason only, to turn my brain off and I was doing the exact opposite. I needed something to keep my mind busy, so I called Andrew.

"You want to get some food?", I said to Andrew. "Alright, let me get ready.", I ended the call.

He was probably just going because I offered. I drove down the road and turned into Andrew's apartment. I honked the horn twice. Then I saw Andrew shuffle down the stairs.

He opened the car door and climbed in, "Hey." I lifted some of my fingers off the steering wheel, like a wave. He caught notice of how quiet I was halfway through the drive. "You okay?", I snapped my head to the side looking at him.

"What? Yeah I'm fine, I just feel like my mind is in overdrive right now." He clicked his tongue and leaned his head back against the seat. "You know there's a few ways to fix that problem." He looked at me.

I swear this man is so fucking dumb.

"I'm not having sex with you", he cracked a smile and put up his hands, defending himself.

"I didn't say that."

"It's what you meant." Putting his hands down and unbuckling his seat belt, he got out of the car.

"You're not wrong", we both started laughing at the thought. Andrew has had a crush on me since freshman year and it's something he still hasn't gotten over.

We walked up to the restaurant, going inside. We walked over to a table close to the window. Picking up the menus we started looking at the options although I already knew what I wanted.

"What're you getting?", Andrew said, setting down his menu.

"I'm like a five year old remember", he opened his mouth and signed.

"Forgot about that, so the chicken tenders." I nodded enthusiastically, smiling.

The waiter came over and took our orders. "Why'd you really ask me here?", I furrowed my brows. "What do you mean?"