Chapter 28

Three months later

Emily and Garcia made plans for the team. They had spoken to JJ and we all were going to get drinks later today.

I was sitting in my car driving over to the coffee shop, I hadn't gotten any for the apartment and the coffee at the office tasted burnt.

I stood in line and my mind wandered over to Hotch, it was earlier in the morning... maybe he wanted some. But I also thought about when he was hurt. When the arrow was sticking out of his body.

"That's my girl", what did he mean by that. Why did he say that?

It could've been from the blood loss. That he was disoriented. Hotch was still getting over the injury, he had a close call in surgery. He had already lost so much blood laying on the floor waiting for the ambulance.

I was sitting in the waiting room for hours, I never left to the hotel.

When he woke up I was the first person he saw. With a weak smile spread across his face, he was happy to see me. Nothing ever happened after that though, no little moments.

Other than staying with him in the hospital I was rarely there.

Emily helped him for the most part, helping him get home. Jack was staying with Hayley until Hotch was fully recovered.

He couldn't wait to get back to work, when he did he wasn't allowed in the field. Being strictly confined to the office, but it was better than nothing at all.

We talked more than we did before that day but not as much as I would like. I found the awkward silence was better than breaking it so we barely said anything.

I ordered and decided on getting everyone a cup. After paying I got back into my car and drove to the office, walking inside and deciding on taking the elevator.

Before the elevator doors closed the person inside opened them for me, "Hey mama."

I smiled and remembered, "Oh here... got you some."

I handed him his cup and we walked inside the bullpen. "Are the rest for you", he laughs.

"Of course, you know I drink nothing but coffee." I went around the desks and placed their drinks on it.

"It would explain why you're always hyper and jittery", scoffing, I put Reids drink down in front of him.

"You have jokes now."

His boyish smile tugged on his lips and he looked back down at his book. I turned back and glanced up at Hotch's office, seeing his figure in the window.

Taking a few deep breaths I grabbed the last cup and walked up. Knocking softly I heard his deep voice rumble through the door.

He looked up from his desk, "Y/n?" He dropped his pen, I placed the drink on his. "Still take it black?" He huffed.

"Yeah", the small talk was over, I made my way towards the door until he stopped me. "Are you going with us tonight?"

"Wouldn't miss it", with that I walked out to my desk, getting started on the pile of paperwork that needed to be done. Being a slow day, there were no interruptions.

I took a few phone calls but nothing major. I knew who was coming up behind me when I heard the heels clicking.

"Y/n come on" , I tossed my head back and stood up collecting the completed files in my hands. "Alright hold on", Garcia waited by my desk while I dropped off my work.

"Done already?", he was a little surprised. "Hotch you have to know by now I always exceed your expectations."

"That you do."