33

I wish I could remember that first day,
First hour, first moment of your meeting me,
If bright or dim the season, it might be
Summer or Winter for aught I can say;
So unrecorded did it slip away,
So blind was I to see and to foresee,
So dull to mark the budding of my tree
That would not blossom yet for many a May ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

same day

being spring, the weather in vienna plummeted at night. wil and i spent all day in thin sweaters and skirts (i managed to get him in a skirt) but my nightfall we realized that our clothing choices were maybe not the best options. 

shivering, i cupped my hands over my mouth and blew on them. finding this cute, wil mimicked me subtly before i punched his shoulder playfully. he pulled out a pair of large gloves from his pocket and took my hand in his and put them on, giving me a kiss on the top of my hand. it was cute.

our last resort of the night was a museum, which of course, wilbur loved. i found out that he was a huge history/geography nerd when he started humming hamilton in the car last month. i sometimes wish i could go back to the moment when i didn't know that aaron burr sir was his favorite. he could've at least picked dear theodosia or cabinet battle. 

wil took it upon himself to point out half the things in the museum and explain their origins, which i listened to for about 30 minutes before slowly dragging him out. for a late dinner we stopped by a patio restaurant, lit by warm candles and low murmurs of people inside clinking wine glasses. 

seating ourselves at a table, we were presented with warm and gooey garlic breadsticks and champagne. the air around us smelled like different cheeses and meats and it warmed my stomach with every inhale.

clinking our thin glasses, wil quietly made a small toast 

"to us" he said 

"to us." 

after dinner started to head back, but half way to our car wil suddenly bursted.

"actually i read about this really cool private lake spot about a quarter mile away, wanna go there and oh i don't know, watch the stars on a rock?" he said 

i agreed, and planted a small kiss on his forehead. it was sticky with sweat, which was unusual because the weather was in the 20s. however, i disregarded it.

as we got further away from the city, the hums of the people and the music slowly started to grow quieter and quieter, soon pitting us into complete silence. except the occasional couple walking past a few yards away, and the frogs echoing. 

we eventually sat ourselves down on a large flat rock, overlooking a large lake with cliffs in the background, climbing higher and higher. the moonlight reflected off the water, giving it a warm glow, and the sound of frogs and crickets were the only audible sound. this was the first time i had felt in true peace and bliss aside from the day i met wil. i could finally just, breathe. 

i grabbed wil's sweaty hand for heat, and layed down on the rock looking at the stars. i gazed across the sky looking for constellations and connecting the dots in the stars to make the big dipper. i felt my body slowly go numb as i completely relaxed myself, and started humming the first song wil played for me. occasionally singing some of the verses quietly 

"im a hopeless man at worst baby" 

hmmmm hm hm hm hmmmmm 

"darling i'll bathe your skin" 

"ill even wash your clothes" i sang but this time with wil's low voice singing softly beside me. humming together we harmonized.

after we finished the song, wil slowly got up, pulled out his phone, and put on some light classical music and pulled me up by my hand in a ballroom dance position. 

we lightly danced through the songs, swaying back and forth for what felt like forever. then the last song ended, and wil let go of my hands, and fumbled with his pocket. 

"lavender?" he said quietly, a subtle, but nervous tone hinged in the back of his throat, as he met my eyes, slowly lowering himself onto his knee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n : YEAH I KNOW THIS STORY IS SUPER FAST PACED i literally hate myself for it but i know people don't necessarily want to read LOOOOOOOOONG ass wattpad stories so i kinda have to make it go past paced. i wish i could make a long novel so i wouldn't have to stress abt it. i constantly stress about how to write this story in a way that people would like it. thank you to my consistent readers, you all MAKE MY DAY when i see your little comments on my chapters. i love you :)