Thirty Eight

Thirty Eight

As he sat in the morbid waiting room, the young Uchiha male continued recalling all the memories from his past and he realized something. He simply couldn't remember a time before [Name]. Life was dull before her and life would never be the same after her.

"And Kiba fought Hidan, it was crazy!" Naruto exclaimed. "But don't tell [Name], she doesn't know about it."
"Why not?" Shisui asked, confused.

He had missed Naruto's party because he'd been busy visiting his grandmother. But when they were back in school, the gang filled him in with every little detail possible.

"Because they're her friends, and you know how she can get when it comes to her friends," Kiba informed. "Aw, my little troublesome woman."
"That's really funny Kiba!" Naruto laughed. "Best joke I've heard all day."
"Back off, Naruto!" Kiba groaned. "You're so annoying."
"Why do you guys like her so much, jeez," Ino questioned, rolling her eyes.
"Because she's cool and she cheers for me during games," Naruto replied. "And she never judges me when I tell her stuff."
"She doesn't judge you because she thinks you're mental," Sakura chuckled.
"And she's really pretty. And she smells good-" Naruto rambled on.
"Well I like her because she's smart, and she's hot," Kiba joined in.
"You guys are so shameless," Sakura confessed. "Right Sasuke?"
"Whatever, dream all you want," Sasuke muttered, uninterested. "She went as my date anyways."

And there was that other time in the car ride to the camping destination, when a drunk Hidan's rambling had made the Uchiha realize something crazy.

"Y-Y'know who's fucking gorgeous?" Hidan asked from the backseat. "My-"
"Shut up," Kakuzu interrupted.
"Kakuzu! Stop being a dick to me!" Hidan yelled. "Anyways, my mom's real beautiful. But you know who comes to a close second?"
"Who?" Shisui asked curiously, looking back to see Hidan in the backseat.
"[Name]," Hidan replied, scratching the back of his neck. "She's pretty."
"She is," the young Uchiha agreed, with a smile.
"But the best thing about [N-Name] is that you can just pick her up and take her to your parent's place," Hidan rambled. "You know why? Because she's just.. she's just.."
"The one you-"
"Yeah!" Hidan shouted. "She's just the one! She makes me want to settle down and have like... fucking thirty fat babies and a small fluffy bitch."
"A bitch?"
"Yeah, a fucking fluffy puppy."
"Really now?" Itachi asked, his eyes still on the road since he was the designated driver.
"You know, I want like a home in England where I can drink root beer and eat a bunch of potatoes. Just boom boom, look here potato. Look there potato. Potatoes fucking everywhere."
"Hidan... that's not what England is like. At all."
"It is, and I don't even have to go to church anymore! And I'll make [Name] have so many babies- I'll buy her The Fuckingham Palace!"
"It's Buckingham Palace. And you're not even a Christian."

And although it was simply one of Hidan's many, stupid drunken thoughts- that would be forgotten the very next day- it stuck with Shisui. It stuck with Shisui because he loved [Name]. As crazy as it may be, he wanted to spend even the very little time she had left, as her husband. As her happiness. Something she deeply deserved.

Do I love her because I'm so crazy? Or am I so crazy because I love her?

* * *

My precious [Name],

Although I had hoped I wouldn't have had to go through such drastic measures, you have left me no other choice. It was so painful to watch your beautiful warm blood, dripping down from your neck. It almost was mocking me, so I did what any sane man would do- I gave it a little taste. And it was marvelous. Compared to all those aged wines, yours was by far, the most delicious beverage I have ever tasted. But enough about that, if I am not wrong on my part, you should still be alive.

If not, the Medical Degree from Harvard that I own was a complete waste. If yes, then perfect because it was never my intention to stab you to death. I'm sorry to have, I never wanted to hurt you. I have always been a man of my word so you must be wondering why it is that you're alive? Simply, my love, you're alive so you can feel a pain that's far beyond just death. A pain of survival. I'm sure you'll have the time of your life, being miserable and making those around you miserable as well. If I can't have you, nobody can. Not even yourself. Wouldn't you say that I am quite the mastermind?

Anyways, my last gift to you- let me be blunt because I hear noises which can only mean that your comrades are here, thanks to that deceiving bastard, Kimimaro. I'm leaving behind everything I own, to you because that was the promise I made to your father- to look after you, because once again I am a man of my words. The property is yours, the business is yours, the castle is yours, everything is yours. Including my heart and my absolute worst wishes.

I love you, my dearest. I wish I could've given you a kiss goodbye since I am sure I won't be seeing you in the depths of hell. You surely are heaven's most prized angel, and back you will go, soon. I hope you fall in love with someone, love as deep as the one that I have felt for you. And I also hope you have it snatched away from you, and that you will take your pitiful, broken heart to your grave. Just as I have.

Love, your fiancé to never be,

Orochimaru

"Wow," one of the Chief's men said, astonished. "How many loose screws did this one have?"
"Shut up," the other one scolded. "We have to be careful with it, Chief's orders."
"I'm just saying, the richer they are the crazier."
"Well love does that to you."
"Does what?"
"Love makes you do crazy things."