Five

Five

"Don't worry Kakashi, I'll keep an eye on her," your math teacher, Mr. Umino said to Mr. Hatake.
"Thanks Iruka," the weasel said, smiling at him. "Don't get in trouble now Y/N. I'll see you in detention."

You rolled your eyes, he was such a sneaky bastard.

"Alright," Mr. Umino said, shutting the door as he walked back into the class. "We won't do much today so you all can relax."

Since you were late, thanks to Mr. Hatake, you had no other choice but to sit all the way in the back, where there was only one seat open. And just as any other day, your luck had failed you because your seat was right next to.. Sasuke. You cursed Mr. Hatake in your head, as you made your way towards the other grumpy bastard.

You sat down without acknowledging his existence. You could feel everyone watching you, which was simply annoying at this point.

"She's really sitting there," a girl couple seats ahead of you whispered to her friend.
"He let her sit there?"
"I think she's the new girl."

Oh wonderful. Sasuke's fangirls.

"Hey," you heard the same old grumpy voice.

Was he really trying to talk to you after the attitude he gave you this morning?

"What?" you replied, returning the same attitude.
"Come to the party tomorrow," he stated, in a demanding tone.
"What? I don't even know your name," you lied, knowing very well that you did know his name.
"Sasuke," he replied. "Will you come then?"
"Why?" you asked, confused by his mood swings.
"It's a back to school thing," he explained in a cool tone.
"I don't really know that many-"
"Why did you really learn sign language?" he asked, completely interrupting you.

He had caught on to your lie from earlier. But how?

"What are you talking about?" you asked, playing dumb.
"You had that look in your eyes when you were teaching Naruto how to sign," he explained. "The look was gone when you answered Kiba's question about why you learned the language."

Had he figured all that out just by looking at you?

"Well.. my mom was deaf. So I learned the language for her, I wanted to speak to her and to understand her," you said struggling, not having spoken about her in ages.
"I see.. I'm uh.. sorry," Sasuke said, with a hint of guilt in his tone. "I.. I wanna get to know you better."

You looked at him surprised. You remembered what Shisui had said about him, how he never spoke to anyone. Was Sasuke beginning to warm up to you?

"Come with me tomorrow," he insisted again, this time it actually sounded like a request.
"You know what, I will," you replied with a smile.

Sasuke wasn't entirely bad once he removed that stick out of his ass.

* * *

"I'll see you later Y/N," Shisui said, as he made his way out of your 7th period class.

Even after Mr. Hatake's warning, he came to pick you up from your Math class and drop you off. He had told you that it was so unlike Mr. Hatake to give detention, but you brushed it off. You didn't want to talk about that weasel.

"Hey class. I'm Mr. Yamato, your Government Economics teacher," a tall man spoke, standing in front of the class. "Please talk among yourselves and make new friends. You may leave when the bell rings."

"Hey Y/N! Come sit with me!" you heard a familiar voice.

You turned around to find a bright blonde, jumping out of his seat excitedly.

"Naruto!" you exclaimed, happily taking the seat beside his.
"I can't believe I finally have a class with you. Alone!" Naruto said excitedly. "Well technically."
"What do you mean?" you asked, holding in a chuckle.
"I mean Gaara's here and all," he muttered, looking a bit annoyed.
"Who's Gaara?" you asked.

"Oh, you don't know him?" he asked.
"That's my little bro," a voice interrupted.

You turned around to find a brown haired guy looking at you.

"Woah. Who might you be, good lookin'?" he asked with a smirk.
"Knock it off Kankuro," the girl beside him scolded. "You're such a vulture."
"Yea back off Kankuro, Y/N isn't interested," Naruto joined in.
"You too Naruto," the girl said to Naruto, who simply frowned. "Anyways.. Hi, I'm Temari."
"I'm-"
"Y/N I know, I've heard all about you," she gushed, sending you a sweet smile.

Temari was really pretty and seemed laid-back, the complete opposite of Sasuke and Shisui's fangirls.

"Really? I'm actually new here," you said, surprised that people already knew you.

You felt a tap on your shoulder as you spoke. When you turned to face forward, you found a red-head looking back at you. He had the most beautiful shade of teal eyes you had ever seen.

"Your pen fell," the boy said, handing you your blue pen.
"Oh thank you," you said, smiling at him as you took the pen and shoved it in your back pocket.

He returned a small smile.

"Hey, I could've picked it up for her," Naruto complained, now glaring at the red head.
"Y/N, this is Gaara," Temari said, answering your earlier question.
"New here?" Gaara asked you in a surprisingly deep voice.
"Yea, just moved," you replied shyly.
"Do you like it here?" Temari asked but was interrupted when Kankuro started blabbing about the party tomorrow.

You couldn't help but steal glances from time to time at the mysterious red head. He was fairly quiet during the conversation, but did participate once or twice. He'd even look at you with a small smile when Naruto said something stupid.

"Are you going?" Gaara asked, as the other three were engaged in their own little side conversation.

"Yea, it is a Friday. You?" you asked casually, but deep down you were quite curious.

"I just might," he replied, peaking your interest.

Guess you'll just have to find out for yourself tomorrow night. You wondered about who else you might find there and what else the night may bring.