Seventeen

Seventeen

"Dad?" you asked, rushing towards the familiar figure. "What's going on?"

Kimimaro had drove you to a house that you had never seen before. To be quite honest, you weren't even sure whether or not he was telling the truth- about your dad being behind all this- but you went along anyways. Mostly because you didn't have much of a choice.

"Y/N, what took you so long?" your father asked, slightly frowning. "We've been waiting."

"We?" you asked, confused since he was the only one standing there.

"The man I'd like you to meet of course," he answered, chuckling at your innocence.

The man he'd like you to meet? Couldn't he have just picked you up himself?

"Why didn't you just come to get me?" you asked once again, dumbfounded.

"I had to keep my good friend some company," he replied. "Kimimaro is our most trusted bodyguard. You'll always be safe with him, darling."

Your most dickhead bodyguard maybe, you thought.

"Well what's all this about? I was-"

"And he arrives!" your father exclaimed, interrupting you.

You turn around to find a somewhat tall man walking down the staircase, almost as graceful as an ancient king. He had long dark hair, and very very pale skin. He was definitely younger than your dad, but much older than you.

"Orochimaru," your father called. "My daughter has arrived."

You furrowed your brows in confusion. Who was this man? Your dad had never mentioned him before.

"Perfect," the man stated, which was then followed by the licking of his lips.

* * *

"What do you mean she isn't home? Why are you in her house?" Kakashi asked, irritated by his friend.

Luckily, Genma wasn't able to detect his facial expressions through the phone.

"She's not home. I rang the doorbell and even checked through the windows," Genma explained. "Where could she have gone at this time?"

"Possibly sleeping, like I had been," Kakashi muttered, bitterly.

"I'm getting a really bad feeling Kakashi," Genma continued to share his thoughts.

"She's not going to stay home everyday Genma, relax," Kakashi said trying to comfort his obviously worried friend.

"Last time she tried to go out, someone tried to kidnap her," Genma reasoned, growing angry as he recalled the horrible event. "She was going to the fucking hospital to donate blood."

When Genma Shiranui began cursing, everyone knew it was something serious. And that included Kakashi.

The calm and collected silver haired man began feeling something weird in the pit of his stomach. A bad feeling. Was this what she meant when she said she couldn't volunteer, he thought.

"What do you mean someone tried to kidnap her?" he asked his brown haired companion.

"What if someone found out she's the daughter of the business ma-"

"We need to find her."

* * *

The Mont Saint-Michel

"What do you mean you bought me the Mont Saint-Michel?" you asked, taken by surprise

"As a token of my promise to you," the long haired man replied, in the most orderly manner.

"First of all, I never agreed to any of this. And second of all, there's such a thing as a promise ring," you said, still in shock. "Not a promise castle."

Of course a castle sounds glamorous, and everything you could ever wish to live in. But in exchange for your hand in marriage? That was ridiculous. And what made it even more ridiculous was the fact that your father seemed to fully support the idea.

"Dad, you didn't even try to talk-"

"Orochimaru and I have been business partners for years, my dear," your father tried to reason. "It not only helps the business but I know he can maintain the luxurious lifestyle you're accustomed to."

Is that all that he cared about? Was that all that you were to him? A business deal?

"Dad I don't care about this lifestyle, I live in it because it's the only way I ever even get to see you anymore," you said.

"Don't you want to live like this forever? Private jets, sports cars, a chef-"

"Dad! What is wrong with you? I don't want any of that," you exclaimed, astonished when you heard what your father had to say. "That sounds good, but what about spending time with each other? Cooking together? Visiting Mom every couple months? I want to live like the way we used to."

"What nonsense!" your father ridiculed. "After you finish your senior year, you'll get engaged to Orochimaru. We haven't decided where yet, we're leaning towards New Zealand."

You felt tears roll down your cheek. You had so much to say, yet nothing was said. You didn't have the energy.

Wasn't it so funny? That this is the most you've seen of your dad in years, yet this is also when he decides to announce that he wants to send you off with a complete stranger.

"Kimimaro will be your bodyguard until the year ends. Then you can safely fly off to New Zealand for your engagement ceremony," your heartless father informed with eyes gleaming of pure joy.

But to you, it was an absolute nightmare.

[a/n: btw guys i remember people on quotev bashing reader's character for being rich and mocking her, which is a character trait i gave her for a reason. a lot of people think rich people don't have any problems, and say shit like "oh wow she's so rich, she must have such real problems" which i think is extremely ignorant. if you don't like it, respectfully, don't read it. thank you!]