Eight

Eight

"I've missed you," Genma whispered, releasing you from his tight grip.

It had been 3 years since you had last seen him in person, but that hadn't changed anything between the two of you. Genma was your first friend in elementary school and your first boyfriend in middle school. Absolutely no amount of time would ever change the bond that you shared with him.

When Genma had to move away, you were obviously devastated given the fact that he was not only your boyfriend but he was your only friend as well. Everyone in your school always thought of you as a snobby orphan who could only make friends by buying them with money. They spread vicious rumours about you, saying that your dad constantly left you behind because he hated you for killing his wife. You were a heartbroken mess who had lost all will to live, until a certain brown-haired boy came along during recess, one day.

He was taller than you, something he'd always been. He was bigger, than the kids who constantly tortured you. He was scarier, being the oldest in his grade. But he was kinder. He was different. And after that one random day, you two became inseparable. Even though he was an upperclassmen, being a 5th grader and all, while you were just a quiet little 4th grader.

"How old are you now? Eighteen?" he asked excitedly, running his hand through his soft brown hair and biting on that toothpick of his.

Somethings never changed.

"Yea actually, you?" you asked, already aware of the answer.
"Twenty one baby," he replied. "So I was actually here for a friend. He said to wait by the black car but clearly I got the wrong car."
"Maybe I can help, who's your friend?" you asked.

But before he could answer, you could already feel someone else's presence approaching the two of you.

"Genma?" you heard an all too familiar voice.

Please don't be..

"Kakashi!"

* * *

The Café

"Wait, so you two are friends?" you asked, as you took a bite out of your buttery croissant

You looked at the two men sitting in front of you, for an answer.

"And you two are also friends? And lovers?" your English teacher asked, still unable to comprehend the fact that his student was friends with his friend and his friend dated his student who was his friend's friend at the time.

Kakashi was just plain confused.

"Just friends now, Mr. Hatake," you corrected. "When Genma moved away, we ended things on a good note."

"Right," Genma agreed, blushing slightly. "I still can't believe he's your teacher. Or a teacher at all actually."

Little did you know that your dear friend Genma was secretly hoping to rekindle your old romance again. He had never been able to forget you, and seeing you today after 3 years, was by far the happiest day of his life. However after hearing your answer, he decided it'd be best to wait before making a move.

"Why? He's a smart man," you said, defending your teacher.
"What? Kakashi is the biggest per-"
"Alright! More pastries?!" Mr. Hatake quickly interrupted between you and Genma's conversation.

You three had decided to go to a cute cafe nearby the school since you were all pretty hungry. The food was actually, unexpectedly delicious. It was like heaven for both you and Genma, however Mr. Hatake didn't have much of a sweet tooth so he decided to just stick with a cup of coffee.

"Excuse me, I need to use the restroom," you said shyly, getting up from your seat.

A few minutes later as you were about to walk back to your seat, you suddenly heard your name pop up in the two men's secretive conversation. So did what anyone would do: you eavesdropped on them.

"Dude," Genma started to say. "She's your student."
"Y/N?" the silver weasel asked, unphased. "Yea, I know."
"Do you?" Genma inquired, still unconvinced. "It doesn't seem like it."

"How so?" Mr. Hatake asked calmly.

"For starters, when do you ever suggest to hang out with your students at a Café?" Genma asked, raising an eyebrow. "And I don't think I've ever seen you talk to a girl, Kakashi."

"I've talked to girls before," Mr. Hatake argued.

"Your friend's girlfriend, Kurenai?" Genma asked, earning a nod from your teacher. "She doesn't count."

"So what if I'm talking to my student outside of school?" Mr. Hatake asked, not having a counter argument.

"Why her? She's your student," Genma stated. "There are so many girls in this town."

"Genma, you sound jealous," Mr. Hatake replied, probably smirking under that mask of his.

Jealous? What did Genma have to be jealous about? He wasn't even your boyfriend anymore.

"No, she's just a very close friend," Genma argued. "But how's she in school? Has she made any friends?"

"Plenty, especially the guys," Mr. Hatake filled him in.

"I'm not surprised," Genma answered, unphased. "I hope you'll keep an eye on her in school. Better you than anyone else."

"I will."

What was that all about? It seemed like everyone knew something was up but you. You realized you were constantly being left out of the loop. And what was all this talk about keeping you safe? Or when Genma accused your teacher for seeing you in a different light?

Did he see you in a different light?

A/N: *Important*

By the way, like I said this is nowhere near accurate to Naruto the manga or the anime. To clear up some confusion I've created an age chart for all the characters so far. (Some may be too young or too old to be seniors but it's because of their late /early birthdays.) Also, I thank you all so so much for all the support, I can't believe it!

For students
Name: Age - Grade
Seniors are in 12th grade

You: 18 - Senior
Naruto: 18 - Senior
Sasuke: 18 - Senior
Sakura: 18 - Senior
Sai: 17 - Senior

Ino: 18 - Senior
Shikamaru: 18 - Senior
Choji: 18 - Senior

Hinata: 18 - Senior
Kiba: 18 - Senior
Shino: 18 - Senior

Rock Lee: 19 - Senior
Neji: 19 - Senior
TenTen: 18 - Senior

Gaara: 18 - Senior
Kankuro: 19 - Senior
Temari: 19 - Senior

Shisui: 19 - Senior
Itachi: 19 - Senior
Deidara: 18 - Senior
Hidan: 19 - Senior
Konan: 19 - Senior
Zetsu: 18 - Senior
Pein: 19 - Senior

For teachers
Name: Age - Class

Kakashi: 22 - English Literature
Obito: 23 - Art
Kurenai: 23 - Advanced
Psychology (It's so hard)
Iruka: 22 - Math
Yamato: 24 - Government Economics
Shizune: 28 - Language
Gai: 24 - Sports
Anko: 25 - Gym
Tsunade: 49 - College Preparatory
Mr. Mori: 48 - Principal and College Preparatory (Not a Naruto character)

Other characters
Name: Age

Sasori: 20
Kisame: 21
Kakuzu: 22

Genma: 21
Your Dad: 43