Chapter 7: A new friend

The heat from the Nether brought comfort to Ghostinnit. It felt the same as before, comforting and welcoming. Every time Tommy looked down at the lava the pain from his chest would go away just a little. I wanna go back into the lava. Thought Ghostinnit.

"Dream, just wait for me a second." said Tommy pushing off Dream and going to the edge of the bridge.

"Tommy what are doing-" Dream stopped talking when he watched Ghostinnit jump into the lava.

Ghostinnit fell into the lava and it took the pain away. It felt better staying in the lava. Dream screamed from up above for him to come back. Even though he didn't want to leave the lava, Dream sounded so worried so he floated back up to him.

"I'm sorry Dream. The lava took the pain away from my chest." said Ghostinnit feeling the pain come back to him.

"Tommy please don't do that again. You had me worried." said Dream, "So that's how you died I'm guessing."

"What do you mean?"

"Don't worry about it. Let's just keep heading back to Logstedshire."

"Yes Dream." said Ghostinnit.

Dream picked up Ghostinnit, so that he wouldn't feel anymore pain. Dream started again on the walk back to Logstedshire. When they got back to the portal, Ghostinnit didn't want to go back to where he woke up. He felt like going there would bring more pain then it had before in that place earlier.

They walked through the portal and brought Ghostinnit to the white tent where he woke up. Dream laid Ghostinnit down in the bed. After he laid him down Dream walked out of the tent and looked like he went to go grab something. Ghostinnit wondered if he knew Dream in his past life. If they had met before and were friends. Did I know him? Was he my friend? Ghostinnit thought. Dream must've been very nice, he was nice now. Dream walked back in carrying some potions. The potions were potions of healing. They must've been made to help the pain go away.

"Here drink this, it'll help the pain go away." said Dream handing over one of the potions.

Ghostinnit grabbed the potion and started to drink it. The pain slowly went away with each passing second. His chest felt much better. After he was done drinking, he looked up at Dream who was putting the rest of the potions in a chest that he made inside the tent.

"Do you feel better now?" asked Dream.

"Yes, thank you Dream." said Ghostinnit, "Hey Dream did we know each other when I was alive? You said I was your friend earlier."

"Yes of course. I was a very good friend of yours. When you got exiled, I came everyday to see you. I helped you get supplies and even gave you my trident."

"So, you were my best friend?"

"Yea, you could say that. I helped you get through some of your emotions. But... I guess it didn't work out too well now, did it?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well Tommy, you're dead aren't you? Did you know how you died?" Dream asked.

"No, I don't know who I died. Do you know? Can you help me find out who I am?"

"Yes, I have an idea how you died. You're you Tommy. Don't you remember all those fun times we had together? The beach party? Joking around with Mexican Dream? Please tell me you remember me."

"I-I am sorry, I don't remember anything. Things feel familiar, but I can't remember who or what anything is." Ghostinnit said, "When those people down in that place with the Christmas tree saw me, they started to cry. Once they saw me they all cried and got hurt by me. I don't want to make anyone feel hurt by me. I feel bad. I even started that guy on fire who had the wings! I almost burned him."

Dream nodded and he looked down at his feet. He looked like he was thinking. What was he thinking about? Did he want something? Of course he wanted me to remember him, but he doesn't.

"Tommy, what's in your inventory?"