Chapter 18: Training

TW: manipulation

Dream showed Ghostinnit around his hidden mansion. Ghostinnit was memorized by how big it was that he barely paid attention to Dream. He didn't mind though, knowing that Ghostinnit was happy he was happy or at least he pretended. Dream showed him his room and even the training room. Dream knew he had to train Tommy so he could protect himself. Or to control him.

"Tommy." said Dream.

"Yes, Dreams? Did you need something?" he asked.

"Yes, I do. Tommy, I'll be gone a lot getting us resources to survive. So I need to teach you how to fight."

"But I don't wanna fight at all."

"Well then they'll just hurt you."

"Who will?" Ghostinnit said in surprise.

"Remember those people you saw two days ago. They want to hunt you down and get rid of you once and for all. That's why I brought you out here, to protect you. If you're gonna stay here you're gonna need some training."

Ghostinnit nodded. Dream smiled under his mask and brought Ghostinnit to a room with crossbows and arrows. Dream picked one of them up and shot. He hit the target with ease. It was Ghostinnit's turn, he picked up the crossbow and shot. He missed and hit the ceiling. He loaded another arrow and shot again, he missed.

"Tommy, you're aiming too high and you need to take a breath before each shot. It'll help you better."

Ghostinnit understood and shot again, he got it this time. He was very proud and looked over at Dream, who put his hand on his shoulder to show he was happy. Dream made Ghostinnit practice for many more hours, until he never missed. Once he was done learning that he immediately went to sword fighting.

Ghostinnit followed Dream into a large arena shaped like a dome. It was huge with chairs along the sides. A huge platform in the middle is where they would start practice. Dream went to the sidelines, to a chest, and took out two wooden swords. Dream handed one to Ghostinnit and then stood in the middle of the platform. Ghostinnit walked over to Dream and held the sword how Dream was holding it.

"Listen here Tommy, This is how you wanna stand. You stand like this to let no open spaces be reached. Now you stand like that."

He stood the exact way Dream told him and they started to fight. During the first rounds, Ghostinnit always failed, but soon got the hang of it. They fought for 2 hours straight, Ghostinnit went until he couldn't take it anymore. Dream let him rest on the sidelines, while he went to go put the swords' away.

The pain came back into his chest once again. Ghostinnit fell to the ground and screamed in pain. Dream turned and ran over to Ghostinnit. Lava tears were falling down his face and burning the ground beneath him. It hurt him so much. He screamed in more pain, begging Dream to make the pain stop. Dream picked up him and held him in his arms.

"It's ok Tommy, I'm here. I know it hurts. I won't let anything happen to you ok? You just have to endure this pain a little longer."

"D-dream...it hurts...please don't you have any potions?"

"No, I'm so sorry Tommy. We ran out. I'm here though Tommy. Just close your eyes and breath."

Tommy took slow, deep breaths, he did this until he had passed out. Once he was out Dream carried him back into his room and laid him down on the bed. There he sat on the bed and watched over Tommy. Dream knew Tommy was going to get another memory from this. If he did, Dream would still have to be in control of him.

"When you find out, I'm gonna make sure you never leave my grasp." Dream said over Tommy's motionless body.