Chapter 15: A memory

It seemed like it had been years of walking. Dream and Ghostinnit only stopped a few times to drink a few potions. Dream knew that at one point he would have to carry Ghostinnit the rest of the way to his base and he was ready for that moment. Ghostinnit though knew that Dream wanted to carry him, but wouldn't let him. He didn't want to tire his friend out at all.

They walked through a spruce forest. Trees taller than buildings it seemed like. Ghostinnit was so interested in them, but knew Dream wouldn't let them stop until they got to the base. There were foxes everywhere as well. Running around carrying chicken in their mouths. Some would be sleeping under trees, but once they heard them they would run.

"Dream, how much longer until we get to the base? It's already been two days." said Ghostinnit, who was walking behind Dream.

"I know Tommy, it's just up here. We'll only have to walk for a few more minutes." Dream said as he pulled out a compass and looked at it.

Ghostinnit mimicked Dream and pulled out his compass that pointed away from where they were going. Dream's compass on the other hand pointed straight ahead. It must've been a lodestone compass and was pointing to his base. Ghostinnit wanted to ask him about the compass, but didn't want to bother Dream.

They walked for a few more minutes until a pain, in Ghostinnit's chest, happened again. This time it was worse. It was so painful that he fell to the ground and couldn't move. He didn't know why this was happening. Dream stood over him and Ghostinnit saw his lips moving, but no sounds coming from them. He started to panic not knowing what was gonna happen to him at all. The more breaths he took the worse they pain got.

Suddenly he remembered something. He remembered a flash of tnt then everything around him blowing up. Several men in suits started running towards the water for safety, some getting hurt in the process. Sadness came over him like it had happened all over again. That's when the pain went away.

What was that? A memory? Why did it hurt so bad? Who were those people? Ghostinnit thought. He looked over to Dream who was pulling out a healing potion. He sat right next to Ghostinnit and made him drink it. Even though he didn't need it he still drank it.

"Tommy, are you alright? That looked like it hurt bad." Dream said taking the empty bottle out of Ghostinnit's mouth and putting it in his pocket.

"Yeah, I'm ok. But I think I remembered something." said Ghostinnit sitting back up while Dream looked over at him in surprise.

"Really, what did you remember?" he asked, standing up and helping Ghostinnit up.

"A flash of white, from tnt, and the ground breaking up. Men running in blue suits away from the explosion and all of us jumping into water." Ghostinnit said.

Dream huffed and put his hand on his mask. After Ghostinnit stood up he let go of him almost making him fall over again. Dream kept on walking and motioned for Ghostinnit to follow, he of course did. Dream walked a little more faster than he had before. Did I do something? Ghostinnit thought.

They walked a little farther before they came across walls, tall walls. They looked like they were meant to keep people out. The gate was very beautiful with lanterns around it. In the inside of these walls stood a massive mansion. It was as big as a woodland mansion, maybe even bigger. When both of them walked through the gate, pistons shut off the open gate behind them sealing up the exit. Many farms were within the walls as well, including an xp farm. Dream must've built this he could not really go anywhere to get something.

Dream turned towards Ghostinnit who had a surprised look on. He was memorized by everything around him. Dream smiled and let Ghostinnit have a little look around. Ghostinnit looked around and turned back to Dream, who was standing with his hands on his waist.

"Welcome home, Tommy."