Chapter 11: The Flashback

"Tubbo, hurry up! Techno is gonna catch up to us soon! Come on let's go!" said Tommy, grabbing Tubbo's hand and running with him.

Tommy and Tubbo were running from Techno at dusk. They were doing this because they were troublemakers, well Tommy was. Techno was running after them screaming their names, telling them to come back immediately. It was turning dark and the mobs were coming out soon. Of course Tubbo was afraid, he was afraid of what would happen to them since they couldn't really protect themselves. But he trusted Tommy. Tommy may have put them in danger a lot, but he always protected Tubbo from things that would harm them.

"Tommy, how far left do we have to run before we lose Techno?" asked Tubbo.

"Maybe a while. Techno is very good at tracking, we need to get far away from him."

"It's turning dark though. Shouldn't we go back? The mobs will find us."

"It's ok Tubbo. I'll protect you from everything. Even if a creeper blows up, I'll sit there and take the pain while you run."

Those very words comforted Tubbo. It comforted him knowing that Tommy was willing to sacrifice himself to protect him. Willing to die just for him. So Tubbo nodded and they kept running until they got into a cave. Both of them were out of breath. They thought they had lost Techno and were happy about it.

"Alright, I think we lost him." Tommy said between breaths.

"Guys, where are you! It's dark right now! You shouldn't be out here at all! Come back inside!" Techno yelled in the distance.

Tommy and Tubbo both giggled, trying not to make a lot of noise. Techno was trying his hardest to listen for them, but couldn't hear them at all. It worried him. That's when mobs start spawning all around. Techno knew he needed to find them now or never find them alive again. Techno started running to find them.

"Alright Tubbo, mobs are starting to spawn, we need to be careful." Tommy said to Tubbo. Before Tubbo could react, Tommy screamed, "Tubbo! Look out!"

That's when the world felt like it was slowed down. As Tubbo looked behind him, a hiss sound came from deeper in the cave. Tommy pushed Tubbo out the way and an explosion happened. The explosion knocked both Tommy and Tubbo out. Mobs saw this and were starting to walk over to the passed out kids.

"Oh no you don't!" Techno yelled, swinging a sword throughout the crowd of mobs. Trying to kill as many at a time before it was too late.

Another hiss went off near the boys on the ground. Before another explosion happened Techno killed the creeper and the remaining mobs around. Tubbo started to wake up to see Techno killing some of the mobs around. He looked around to see Tommy on top of him and was burned on his back.

"Tommy?" Tubbo said, his ears down and tears forming in his eyes.

After killing the mobs, Techno turned and picked up the boys and ran with them back to the house. When they got home the fear Phil had in his eyes when he saw Tommy had an explosion mark on his back and that Tubbo had scratches on his face. Wilbur tended to Tubbo's wounds while Phil tended to Tommy. They used so many healing potions on Tommy trying to keep him alive that night. All of them were scared for Tommy on if he was gonna make it or not.

"Wilbur? Will Tommy be ok?" asked Tubbo.

"He's a big man, Tubbo. He's strong, he'll get through it. Hopefully." Wilbur said, putting lotion on the scratches around Tubbo's face.

After many hours of waiting for Tommy to wake up, he woke up and everyone was happy. Happy that he didn't lose his first life to anything. Tubbo was so happy that Tommy was alive that he started to cry. He was alive.

---

"Tubbo?" said Ranboo, "Tubbo are you ok? Why are you crying?"

Tubbo snapped out of the flashback and looked up at Ranboo. They were at Tommy's exile place, searching for him. They couldn't find him here though. They must look somewhere else. Tubbo looked down at his feet and remembered Tommy's words, 'It's ok Tubbo. I'll protect you from everything. Even if a creeper blows up, I'll sit there and take the pain while you run.' Where was Tommy now to protect him now? To protect him from his broken heart. They needed to find Tommy. To heal his broken heart.

"I'm ok Ranboo. Let's go somewhere else. It's obvious he ain't here. He must be somewhere in the Nether." said Tubbo, "Let's go find my best friend."

This time Tommy. I'll protect you. Thought Tubbo.