C O L D / S L E E P

F O X C O O P E R

The cold was beautiful on the young woman's skin. She wanted to stand out on the balcony for the rest of the night but she knew it wasn't possible. If she stayed awake all night then in the morning, she would be no help with Lando. 

For once, she knew she had to help herself. 

She didn't want to let Lando down. He was such a lovely guy. She wondered if she could ever find herself a man like him. She hoped one day she would be worthy of a nice man. Her reputation was enough to warn off any men who were decent. 

He skin was covered in goosebumps but she didn't let it bother her. Fox shivered as she stood there but she didn't notice, almost like it was a normal thing.+ 

Fox didn't know how much time had passed as she stood there but after a while, she heard the door open. She didn't look back, she continued to lean against the balcony railing as she looked out into the darkness. 

"Fox?" Lando spoke her name quietly. 

Turning to look at him, she met his eyes before she turned back to the night.

"Are you okay?"

She noticed him come and stand next to her, mimicking her actions by leaning on the railing too. He didn't look at her, instead, he stared out at the sky just as she did. "I'm just thinking," she admitted quietly. 

"What about?" He asked her gently.

Fox didn't know what to say to Lando. She wanted to be honest with him but she feared she had spoken too much this evening. "I'm sorry that I got so drunk." Fox was not one to apologize too often especially when it came to her drinking. 

He nudged her playfully, "Come on. Let's get you back in the warm." 

There is was again, his nice-guy persona. "Why are you so nice to me?" She just couldn't leave it, she needed to know why he was so lovely. 

"Everyone needs a friend."

She turned her head to look at him, she noticed that he was looking at her at that moment in time. "I need more friends like you." She stared into his eyes as she spoke. "Seriously though, why are you being nice to me?"

Lando leaned against the young woman as he smiled. "We have a whole week together, what would be the point in me being mean to you?"

Fox leaned back against him. She put her head on his shoulder as she took a deep breath. For a moment she was rendered speechless. For such a long while, she had not felt like she was cared about. To Fox, her mother was worried about what he father would say. Her father was only concerned about his reputation and how is daughter effected it. Her friends were only there for a good time, now she needed them she didn't have them. 

"Come on," he put his reached his hand out and took the her one closest to him. "Lets get you back into bed. We have a long day tomorrow.!

She didn't push him away, letting him take her hand and lead the way. She let him lead her back inside, he closed the door behind them before taking her to her own bed. 

L A N D O N O R R I S

Once he had put Fox into her bed, the young driver turned to return to his own bed. 

"Can you lay with me, please?"

Lando froze in his place with his back to her. "I don't think that's a good idea, Fox." He whispered in the darkness. He turned to look at her, she was on her side looking in his direction waiting for him to speak, her eyes watching him. Still he removed his shoes before climbing into the bed next to her. 

He took a deep breath as he felt her put a hand on his chest as she moved closer to him. He kept still, he wanted to comfort her but not lead her on. "Try to get some sleep," he said as he turned his head to look at her. He noticed she was staring at him, her eyes were beautiful in the darkness. Lando reached for her hand that was on his chest, holding it as he looked at her. 

"Thank you," Fox whispered as she pressed her body to his side, closing her eyes as she put her head on his shoulder. 

Lando wrapped his arm around her, hoping to comfort her. He laid there and listened to her breathing, after a while he noticed she fell asleep, her breathing seeming to go into a soft rhythm. He looked down at her, for once she looked peaceful. 

Everything in her life seemed complicated. 

After a while Lando found himself drifting off too, his arm was still wrapped around the young blonde but he didn't mind. Sleep caught him quickly especially since he had so little time to get it in.