S A D / H A P P Y

F O X C O O P E R

Sitting by the window, Fox smiled to herself as the waves below the ferry guided it to their destination. The moment of peace was welcomed as she relaxed against the pillow behind me. Holding her plastic coffee mug in both hands, she felt at ease. 

"Fox," she jumped a little when she heard her name being said. Looking up, she smiled at her father who stood over her with his own cup of coffee. She could smell it from where she stood, her father always had an extra-strong black coffee. He took a seat opposite me, a content look on his face as he watched his young daughter. "How has the journey been to here?"

She rolled her eyes, "Dad, everything's been fine." Her usually teenage self came out when her dad decided to go into father mode. 

Maximillion grinned to himself as he listened to her. He wasn't mad, it was her tone which made him happy. It was like his daughter was back with him, even if just for a moment. 

"I have to go," Fox got to her feet as she looked over towards Lando who was at the till buying something. Her attention returned to her father with a small smile, "I'll see you at the hotel tonight."

Maximillion didn't stop his daughter. He watched her walk away from him, a good feeling in his gut hoping that she might find herself during this week. 

Fox walked towards Lando, "How long do we have until we get there?" She was quite impatient, her boredom quick to kick in. He turned to look at the young woman, she held her plastic cup tightly and her hair was falling around her face although evident that it needed to be brushed since she hadn't attended to it since she got into the car. "Lando?" She repeated his name, she had noticed him staring at her for a moment. 

"Sorry," he said as he looked away before paying the woman behind the till. He picked his items up and walked alongside the small blonde as he spoke. "I'm thinking we will be there in the next ten minutes." 

They walked beside each other, Fox looked away from him as she made her way through the people on the ferry. Her eyes were drawn to her phone which she'd turned back on. Ignoring her social media, she noticed she had received a text message from Alicia. Opening it up, she bit her lip when she read the words on the screen. Her nose twitched almost involuntarily as she tried to pretend that everything was okay. Choosing not to reply, Fox turned her phone back off. For a moment, she could pretend like she didn't know. 

L A N D O N O R R I S

Sitting in his vehicle, he noticed the blonde next to him had been quiet since they left the main ferry deck to get into the car. She stared out of the window whilst clutching her coffee cup still, he wondered if she even realised that her drink was most definitely cold now. Lando noticed cars around his starting up, he followed suite, turning his engine on letting the car's music fill their ears.

Once the other cars started to move, Lando followed slowly, only stopping to hand over their passports at the border before moving on once getting them back. Then he was back on the road. 

Winding the windows down, he drove through the town before getting onto the road with the other cars who were part of Gumball. For a second, he glanced at Fox but she didn't seem to have changed from when they were on the ferry. 

He kept his attention on the road from then on, he knew that it was a bit of drive to Le Mans. He kept up with the other vehicles around him, over taking and being over took as he went. All of it was just part of the experience and something he enjoyed. It was like being on the track but without the pressure. Here, for now he could just be himself and enjoy this drive. 

When Lando's car entered Le Mans, he noticed Fox looked a little more interested now

When Lando's car entered Le Mans, he noticed Fox looked a little more interested now. He'd checked the directions on the ferry, so now he knew the hotel they would be staying in. Driving towards it, Fox stared out the window, a small smile on her lips. 

Lando knew she had travelled the world, who wouldn't being part of her family. This was probably just as boring as being at home for her, yet she seemed interested. 

"Have you been here before?" He asked her as he drove the streets. 

Fox looked at him, her eyes were wide and joyeous as she smiled at him, he looked back at the road quickly noting he should really being paying more attention to his driving. "Yes," her voice sounded sweet as she spoke. Lando smiled to himself as he listened to her speaking. "I came here for the 24 hour Le Mans race in 2017. It was amazing," he noticed her voice was cheery as she thought about her time in the French city. "I spent the whole time watching the race from the Porshe teams garage, my father being good friends with the drivers that won that year." 

He couldn't help but feel happy for her. She'd certainly had an upbringing that many would be jealous of. It seemed to Lando that she had everything she wanted, she never wanted for anything. To Lando, he was surprised at her happiness to be returning to the boring city of Le Mans, especially since she could go anywhere.