T H R O W U P / H O O K U P

F O X C O O P E R

Grabbing her expensive clutch bag, Fox broke into a run as she headed to the women's toilets. Her best friend and loyal follower, Alicia watched from the table they had sat at since they arrived about an hour ago. Taking a deep breath, Alicia smiled as she got to her feet. 

"You're going to check on her?" The spiteful and sugary voice came from their other friend, Charmaine who looked less than impressed with Alicia's choice. 

Alicia sucked in her bottom lip as she looked at her other close friend, "I think it's best." 

Charmaine narrowed her eyes for a brief second, if you blinked you would have missed it, then she smiled as she watched Alicia follow their friend to the toilets. 

In the toilets, Alicia rolled her eyes as she listened to the retching sounds that came from the closest cubicle. "Fox?" She called out as she stood the other side of the door, her hands on the top of the paint chipped MDF. "Is that you?"

There was some resistance on the door as it was pulled open, Fox was on her feet as she had a smile on her lightly tanned face. "All good," she assured the blonde in front of her as she turned back to flush the toilet. 

Alicia raised her eyebrows before she reached for a piece of toilet tissue which she handed to Fox, "Wipe your mouth, then we can go back out there."

Fox smiled as she listened to her friend's advice, a grin on her lips as she thought about how lucky she was to have a friend so great. 

Charmaine watched from the table as her two friends returned. She noted how Fox looked much better before she entered the toilet, throwing up on a night out was a regular occurrence from the youngest of the group. 

To the outside world, Fox Cooper was just another Paris Hilton. The press knew where she was going to be and who with and it was regularly reported on. Due to her father's wealth, she was thrown into the limelight, not that she was one to hang out with other celebrities. The tabloids didn't need other celebs for a story though, the young woman did that to herself. 

"If I get papped throwing up one more time, my dad is going to kill me," Fox told her friends as she sat down at the table beside Alicia. 

Charmaine bit her tongue, she did not want to share her real thoughts with the young woman knowing how unpredictable she could be from time to time. Instead, she smiled and hoped Fox would move away from the subject of her father. 

"Don't worry about your dad," Alicia nudged the girl beside her as their matching hair touched each other. They had purposely chosen to get matching blonde hair, the beautiful tones matching their different skin tones perfectly. "Are you seeing Dean after we leave here?"

Fox smiled as she thought about seeing Dean, sure she would have loved nothing more than to go to his house tonight but she knew she had to be up early in the morning and she'd rather be at home for that. "Not tonight," she put her head on Alicia's shoulder. "Besides," she sighed as she thought about it, "It's not like we need to see each other all the time."

"Still haven't committed?" Charmaine asked as she tilted her head to the right and watched Fox. 

"Nope," Fox shrugged her shoulders as she sat up straight again. "Whatever, it's just sex. I don't need him, I can hook up with any guy in this room."

Alicia looked at her with a shocked look on her face, "What? Don't be stupid."

"Any guy in this room?" Charmaine asked with a gleeful look on her face. 

Alicia looked at Charmaine. She shot her a warning look but Charmaine did not seem deterred by it. The doll-like features of Charmaine only seemed to be more animated as she looked away from Alicia and to the drunk Fox. "Him," she pointed to a random guy on the dancefloor. 

Fox looked over to the direction where her friend was pointing. She sighed as she looked at the guy, he was a nobody. There was nothing about him which seemed to distinguish him from the rest of the men in the room. His brown hair was very short, he seemed to have quite a bit of muscle behind him making his shoulders seem quite wide, very different to a guy Fox would normally go for. "Okay," she shrugged her shoulders as she handed her clutch to Alicia. 

"You don't have to do this," Alicia told her as she tried to pull on the gold sequin skirt of Fox's. 

"No," Fox moved away, smoothing her short skirt back down making sure that it barely covered her bum before she looked at Charmaine. "If I've given my word..." 

The two women watched as Fox walked away from their table, her high heels making her look alot taller than usual as she approached the man on the dancefloor. 

Charmaine watched knowing exactly what she had done, to anyone else it was random man, to Charmaine it was a man who had come here with his girlfriend. Sitting at the table since she'd arrived, she had been people-watching. 

Fox smiled at the man, "Fox," she introduced herself as she shook his hand. 

"Jake," the man said his own name as he looked at the confident blonde up and down. 

The young woman grinned to herself as she felt his eyes on her body, her self esteem boosted as she stepped a little closer to him. "So, Jake, are you going to ask me to dance with you?"

He looked around before he nodded, Fox pulled on the hand she still gripped as she led him towards the dancefloor before she found herself very close to him and draping over his body. 

"Why do you do it?" Alicia asked Charmaine as she looked at the triumphant blonde who sat across the table from her. Alicia had no idea why Charmaine looked so pleased with herself,, Fox was about to prove her wrong. 

Charmaine laughed, "Because it's easy." 

Alicia looked back over to see Fox and the guy sharing a kiss before Fox was violently ripped away from him by a brunette. Alicia got to her feet as the dark haired woman threw a punch into Fox's face. She never looked at Charmaine, her thoughts on getting to her friend who was a little too drunk to defend herself properly.

Fox felt the pain in her face before she felt the blood drip onto her white bodysuit. Her eyes glanced at the red staining then she looked at the woman who had hit her. Drawing her own fist back, she aimed at the woman's nose, her fist connecting with her before the brunette staggered back a little. 

The brunette was surprised, her eyes widening as she looked at the little blonde in front of her. There was no way she was letting the woman get away with kissing her boyfriend in the club in front of everyone. Rushing the blonde, she knocked her to the ground before straddling her, her hands gripping the blonde hair before yanking her head of the floor a few times. 

Alicia took longer to get there as she got through the small crowd that had formed. Grabbing the brunette's hair, she pulled her off Fox before throwing her to the ground then rushing to Fox. "Bout time you got here," Fox joked as Alicia pulled her to her feet. 

"Come on, Coops," Alicia rolled her eyes as she shook her head. "I'm not always going to be here to save your ass."

The brunette stood in front of the two blonde friends, her hands on her hips as she looked between them. "There is no way she gets to just walk away from this," she looked at Fox with narrowed eyes and a twitching nose. 

Alicia went to speak but Fox stepped forward, a cunning look on her face as she did. "Walk away little girl," she told her as she felt the surge of alcohol in her veins. "You've been lucky so far, you won't be from now on."

The guy, Jake stood in front of the two women, his eyes on the brunette as he spoke. "Come on, just leave it," he warned her. 

"Don't fucking touch me," she started to shout at the man as he reached out to her leaving Fox and Alicia to slip back to their own table and away from tonight's drama. 

Charmaine smiled as they returned to their seats, "Well that was interesting."