F R I E N D S / A L O N E

F O X C O O P E R 

F O X C O O P E R 

The young blonde watched from the door as her father and Lando glanced in her direction for a moment before turning back to each other. 

"Well, well, well," Fox's attention was turned from the two men in the room as she turned to look at the owner of the voice. "I never thought I would see the day when you did Gumball." The voice belonged to Aisling Bea, a comedian from Ireland, someone who had been a park of her father's life as a friend and in turn had become part of Fox's life. 

Fox laughed as she hugged her friend, "I didn't know who you were going to be here."

"I almost wasn't here this year," Aisling told the blonde as she put her arms around her. "Works been hectic; I even had to move an appearance on TV." 

Fox pulled away from her friend and grinned. "This is much better, though, right?" 

Aisling laughed, "I dunno. It depends on who you're sharing a car with." The two of them started to walk away, returning to the hotel lobby. "I mean, for you, travelling with your dad must be boring."

"I'm not with my dad," Fox said quietly as the two of them took a couple of seats in the lobby and looked at each other. Fox had always felt a pull to Aisling, she might have been a little older than herself, but it felt like she had a big sister. "Wait, who are you with then?"

"The two Joes." Fox watched as her friend rolled her eyes. "It's been a hell of a ride so far. Maybe I can join you in your car."

Fox shook her head as she smiled. She wasn't going to give up her time with Lando for anyone, not right now. "Absolutely not," Fox grinned as she ran her fingers through her hair, untangling the knots. "My dad said something about a big party tonight."

Aisling nodded as she smirked, "Oh yes. Tell me you're not going to miss out, right? Your dad would not be happy if you missed it."

"He's already warned me," Fox laughed. "I'll put in an appearance, have a couple of drinks with you all before retiring for the evening."

"Are you okay? This doesn't sound like you at all," Aisling reached forward and playfully put a hand onto Fox's forehead before rolling her eyes as she took her hand back. Aisling flipped her brown hair over her shoulders as she shook her head at the young blonde. "Sounds like you're growing up there, kid. Either you are maturing, or there is more to the story than you are telling me."

Fox shrugged her shoulders, "I don't need to go out and get drunk every night, do I?" Leaning back in the chair, she couldn't help but smile to herself. 

"I know that look," Aisling raised her eyebrow as she watched the young blonde. 

"Foxy!" The conversation was interrupted by the two Joe's who were heading over to the talking females. Fox was glad for the interruption as she got to her feet and looked at the two approaching men. 

"Where have you two been all my life?" Fox shimmied her shoulders as she danced towards the older Joe. Her lips curled into a smile as they two embraced. She had met the older Joe on a few occasions, usually at one of her father's parties. Joe was a great guy, a funny man like the two other people he was travelling with. 

The older Joe hugged the young woman, "I get it, I get it. We've all missed baby Fox," Joe grinned as he stepped back from the woman. "I take it you finally caused your father too much grief, and you are finally here as part of a punishment." His voice was light-hearted as he joked with the young woman, not realising the truth. 

"Don't act like you are surprised," Fox sighed. "It was only a matter of time, right?" She looked around, hoping to see Lando and her father returning, but they seemed to have much to discuss. 

Aisling stood up, coming to Fox's side, "What happened this time?" 

Fox shrugged her shoulders as she thought about the reason she was here. "You know, it doesn't even matter what I did." Everything she had done was pointless really, going out and getting as drunk as she had in the past was mostly because she could, not for any other real reason.

"Let me guess; you're glad to be here?" The younger Joe asked as he examined the young woman's face. The younger Joe was a celebrity in his own right; he was known for being on a TV comedy show. Although Fox had not met him before, she knew of him and his TV and comedy work. He had floppy brown hair and a look on his face that made him look a little older and constantly worried. 

Aisling glanced at Fox as she sighed. Fox didn't understand what she meant though, she couldn't see the look on her own face, but she hoped it was a good look. Then Fox heard the voice she'd been waiting to hear; turning her head, she saw Lando entering the room alongside her father. 

"And there we have it, ladies and gentlemen," Aisling whispered in Fox's ear as she noticed the blonde looking at Lando. Turning her head to look at her friend, Fox noticed Aisling was smirking as she worked out why her young friend was so happy. 

Fox looked back to Lando. She wondered exactly what her father and Lando could have to talk about for all that time. Fox hoped it was all good, and as she looked over at Lando, who was looking back at her, she couldn't work it out. 

"We'll see you tonight, Foxy." Aisling took the two Joe's, and they disappeared off to their own room, leaving Fox standing there awkwardly. 

L A N D O N O R R I S

Leaving Fox alone with her father, Lando checked into the hotel, collecting the keycards and heading up the room he would be sharing with Fox. He put their bags on their separate beds before heading into the bathroom. After using the toilet, he washed his hands before splashing cold water on his face. 

Maximillion was intense. He was protective of his eldest daughter, and it showed in the way he had spoken to Lando a few minutes before he got to this room. Fox was amazing; she was complicated, beautiful and a mess. Lando had never expected to find anything more than friendship on his journey but finding Fox was special. 

It was some time before Lando heard a knock on the door; during the time he was alone, he'd showered and redressed, ready for the evening. Opening the door, Lando found himself face to face with Fox's friend, Roman. "Umm, sorry to disturb you," he said in an awkward voice as he stared at the F1 driver. 

"It's okay," Lando said as he furrowed his eyebrows. "What you doing here?"

Roman smiled, "Fox wanted me to grab her bag for her."

Lando was confused, but still, he stepped back and grabbed the blonde's bag and handed it over to her friend. "Is she okay?" Lando didn't know what was wrong with her and why she hadn't come up to see him. He hoped he hadn't offended her; he hoped she was okay. 

"She's fine. She just asked me to get her bag, that's all." Roman held the bag in his hands as he gave the young driver a nod. "I'll see you tonight, yeah?"

 "I'll see you tonight, yeah?"