F A S T / T R A V E L S

F O X C O O P E R 

The silence was comfortable. She loved the quiet in the car as the two young people stayed up during the nights drive. There was no words to say, Fox didn't need to speak as she drove the car towards the port for the ferry. The only lights were from headlights and the only sounds were the radio quietly playing and their breathing. 

As Fox drove the car into the docklands, she followed the signs before coming to a man who wanted to see their passports. Handing them over, Fox sleepily looked at the man who was examining them. "Miss Cooper," he looked between the picture and Fox between handing it back to her. "Your father is also here on this trip?"

Nodding, Fox took her passport back, "I believe so." She waited before the man handed back Lando's passport. 

"You're cleared for boarding," he told the two people before pressing a button and the gate lifting up. 

Fox slowly drove the car forward to the queue where the car was searched. 

"I thought my dad would have got an earlier ferry," she said in a quiet voice. 

"Maybe he stopped for dinner too," Lando shrugged his shoulders. "Or he's keeping a close eye on where you are," he laughed as he tilted his head and smiled at the young woman. 

"Oh God, I hope not," Fox shook her head as she leaned back in the seat. "The last thing I would want is him following me around."

Lando chuckled at her words. "Your father has more important things to do than watch you all day. Besides," Lando pulled his phone out of his pocket. "If he wants to know where you are or find something out about it, he just needs to look on the internet."

"You shouldn't believe everything you see on there," Fox reminded Lando with a smirk as she moved the car forward a little as the queue moved slowly. "The internet will tell you who they think you are," she yawned as she thought about it. "Being with the person shows you the real them."

"And the real Fox," Lando looked at her as she braked the car again and glanced at him. "Who is the real Fox? Is she the woman I have spent all this time with, or the one they think you are?"

Fox bit her bottom lip as she thought about it. She wished she was this person all the time, that she would always be calm and rational but that wasn't everything she was. "This right now," Fox said as smiled. "This is me. That person that everyone reads about online was someone else, she was sad and lonely, I am neither of those things." 

Lando reached over and put a hand over hers on the gear stick, "You're happy?" 

Blushing, Fox looked at his hand on hers before looking at him, "Yes. Are you not?"

"I'm with you, why wouldn't I be?" He returned with a grin, a cheesy grin which she loved. 

She felt like her insides were about the burst, she honestly loved the feeling that flowed through her when he said those words. Everything felt like it was meant to be and it was all falling into place. 

There was always going to be a small amount of doubt that held her back though. "In a few hours," she exaggerated the amount of time as she spoke. "We will be back home, our lives returning to how they were before Gumball, then where does that leave us?"

"I was hoping that you'd pack a bag and come with me," he told her with a slight smile on his lips. She could see the hope in his eyes as he said it, there was also something behind it which said he might be joking, just in case she said no. 

Fox swelled with happiness as she nodded. "Okay," she said in a cute voice as she nodded her head. "I'd really like that." 

Lando squeezed her hand which only brought her more joy. "I best warn you now," he said in a playful voice. "There won't be any fancy hotels or late nights. It's going to be more cramped, trying to look good in a small space before being surrounded by cameras all day." 

"I'm used to the cameras being around," Fox admitted. "Everything else I can learn to get used to."

Lando spoke as she drove the car in the queue. "The change is hard to start with," he groaned. "My parents live in this massive house, it's amazing really but then when I started Formula One properly, I struggled at first being in the motor home moving around. I'm used to it now, going home feels strange when I have so much space."

"Motor home?" Fox questioned as she stopped the car again in the queue. She looked at him with a raised eyebrow. 

Nodding his head, Lando smiled at her. "Honestly, being an F1 driver isn't as glamorous as everyone thinks. It's a lot of interviews, driving and meeting fans. This week has been the longest time I have done nothing in preparing for racing. I have to go to the gym 6 days a week, I also have a personal trainer." Fox smirked at those words, that was really obvious, he was physically fit and she could tell in more ways than one. "Alcohol is off the cards unless it's a special occasion and I have to eat healthily to keep like this. This body doesn't just happen."

Fox looked him up and down and smirked to herself as she looked away from him. She knew that body was the product of hard work. "Are you trying to put me off?" She laughed as she  looked up through her lashes at him. 

He shook his head, "Absolutely not. I want nothing more than you to come with me. This week with you has felt like it's meant to be. I just don't want you to be under any illusions."

The blonde smiled at him. Almost everything seemed like an illusion in her life, like she was walking through a dream and at any moment it could all be ripped away from her. Time with Lando, that was something she didn't want to lose. Her thumb stroked his hand, reminding herself that he was really there with her. She wanted this perfect feeling forever. 

L A N D O N O R R I S 

Once the car had been boarded on the ferry, the two young people headed up to the main area of the ferry. Lando watched as she stared quietly out of the window, he wondered what ran through her mind. It was obvious she was damaged and needed love, he could tell she craved it. All he wanted to do was to give her all that she needed. 

He walked away, leaving her for a moment so he could get a drink. As he queued, he looked around, everyone was quiet as they drank or napped. It seemed like people were settling down, ready to return to their normal lives. 

Maximillion entered the room, Eve by his side as he walked towards the middle of the room. Lando watched him, Maximillion loved to put on a good show and having everyone here right now it felt like this was the final show. 

"Almost everyone made it to the ferry!" He announced as people looked over at him. He talked gaining everyone's attention as women walked around serving drinks to people. "Now we're on the final leg home, I've arranged a very special treat for everyone here right now." 

Lando glanced over at the young woman who was still by the window. She didn't seem like she was particularly interested in her father's words as she kept her eyes on the window. 

"Everyone who is driving gets a bed for the night if they like, tonight though, this is our personal party ferry."

The words were greeted by cheers from most. Lando grinned as he looked over at Maximillion, the multimillionaire was a people pleaser and this was just something else to please everyone. Lando turned to look at Fox, she was no longer in the window, as his eyes scanned the room, he found her with her friend, Roman. He watched as she leaned towards her friend, her lips close to his ear as she spoke before she stepped back and laughed. A few seconds passed before her eyes met Lando's, she gave him a sweet smile then she began to walk towards him. 

Just as she got to Lando, she opened her mouth to speak then stopped once her father put a hand on her shoulder, halting her. "I didn't expect you'd make it," Maximillion told his daughter as both herself and Lando looked up at him. "I thought you two would be seeing the sights."

"What do you mean?" Fox asked, she furrowed her brow as she looked at her father. Lando noticed the confusion on her face as his mind thought back to the restaurant. 

Maximillion turned his attention to Lando, he kept eye contact with him, hoping to deter him from any other thoughts. He couldn't work out Fox's dad's thoughts, all Lando could do was hope that it was just a flippant comment.