Chapter 35

Magnus:

Jonah led the way to the place where the confiscated weapons were. He looked surprisingly confident, considering he was going against Valentine. Magnus could only assume he'd gotten away with it long enough for him to forget the potential consequences of his actions. Or perhaps he had too much faith in the Clave. Magnus had learned the hard way many years ago that wasn't the path Jonah wanted to go down. It normally ended in disappointment and distrust.

Then again, he supposed he hadn't really learned his lesson, had he? Falling for one of the Clave, he should've known it would only end in heartbreak. But he thought that Alec was different, he seemed different. But he wasn't, he was just the same as everyone else. Too scared of the Clave and their hatred of Downworlders that he felt the need to hide their relationship.

He didn't know why he was thinking about this now. He had much more important things to worry about.

Jonah stopped at a back door of the Seelie agency. He conversed with Alec a moment, then Alec addressed the agents.

"Agents, the plan is for Jonah and I to go in first, then when the area is secured the rest of you can come in. Jace, wait for my signal."

Jace nodded, and we all stood outside quietly. Catarina inspected her weapons, and made sure they were good for battle. Alaric and Maia looked menacing, more so than usual. Magnus figured that was a sign they were ready to fight. The two vampires, whom Magnus had forgotten the names of, were discussing something quietly, so much so Magnus couldn't overhear. Magnus had assumed they were a couple, but he could be wrong. He didn't want to ask, they seemed like they didn't really wanna be here, and Clary was already doing all she could to keep Jace from pissing them off.

Jace suddenly became alert, and then said, "Agents, that's our cue." He went through the door first, and everyone else followed. They found themselves in a bare room, with nothing but the weapons in a box on a table. There were no decorations, the table and box were both plain. It definitely didn't match the grandeur of the rest of the agency.

Jonah grabbed the box, and gave a couple weapons to each person. "We'll distribute them once we're in the throne room." He said. Each person got weapons from their own agency.

Magnus got the majority of Ragnor's weapons. They were old fashioned but just as deadly as any modern weapon. He held them with special care, making sure not to damage them in any way. Jonah began to lead them to where he assumed was the throne room. A mix of nerves and excitement went through him, just like every time he was on a mission. This one was just way bigger than any one he'd ever been one.

Once they reached the throne room, there was a split second where no one moved, out of shock, he supposed. Jace made the first move, and after that it was war. Half of the agents fought back the Seelies and Circle while the other half freed the head agents. Izzy pretty much freed herself using her whip, she needed little help from the agents.

It was like a sea of people, and Magnus was trying his best to keep his head above water. He couldn't rest, wouldn't rest, for fear of drowning. He was doing pretty well, that is until a poisonous dart came straight for him. Time seemed to slow down, and Magnus watched the dart as it went straight into his stomach, he couldn't do anything but watch. He went down hard, and found that he'd become paralyzed. He couldn't feel or move anything from the waist down. His shock was quickly replaced with fear. He was drowning, he was drowning, and then everything went black.