Chapter 8

Mission 6: Track the missing agents

Alec:

Alec walked to his dad's office. Robert had asked to see him for some private meeting. He didn't know what he wanted, but he knew it must be important. He walked to Robert's office door and let himself in.

"Good, you're here." Robert said. Izzy, Jace, and Clary were in the room as well. "If you hadn't already guessed, this is about Jessica and the rest of the missing agents."

"As you know, we here at the Institute have not been able to track any of the agents. So, we are sending the three of you to a warlock. As you know, their tracking is unmatched. If we can't find her, the warlock agents are our last hope."

The Shadowhunters and the Downworlders used to fight for supremacy over themselves, and wouldn't dare ask for help. But, since the formation of the Accords to attain peace between the agencies, asking for help was not uncommon.

"The warlock's name is Magnus Bane. You might be familiar with him, Alec, he was on mission to get the necklace back when you were working undercover for the vampires."

Alec shifted uncomfortably. "I..I don't remember.." he trailed off. Robert cocked an eye at him before continuing. "As I said, you will meet him today. Here is his address. The item he will track is in the lab. You can pick it up once you're ready." Robert handed a piece of paper to Alec with an address scrawled on it. Little did his dad know, he didn't need it.

Alec nodded and looked at his siblings. Jace spoke up first. "We should get going. Get this over with."

"Agreed. I told Meliorn I would go see him tonight." Izzy said in a whisper.

"Well then, you all should get going. I'll expect you right back here for a mission report." Robert looked down at the papers at his desk and busied himself with them.

Izzy walked out first, followed by Jace and Alec. "Let me see that paper," Izzy said. Alec gave her the paper. "I recognize this address," Izzy said. "Come with me."

She walked to her room and Alec and Jace followed her. She got to her room, opened the door, and motioned for them to come inside. They do so, and Izzy began looking around the room.

"Ah, here it is." She picked up a peice of paper and walked towards us. "There's a party at that address tonight. We can go to the party and ask him about the tracking then. And, we'll be going to one of the hottest parties of the year. Two birds, one stone if you ask me." Izzy smiled and Alec couldn't refuse her.

"When does the party start?" Alec asked.

Izzy looked down at the flyer. "Midnight."

"Well, looks like we still have some time on our hands," Jace said.

"What are we going to do while we wait?" Clary asked, and looked at Jace.

He shrugged. "I'm heading to my room. You can join me if you want." Jace said.

Before Clary could reply, Izzy spoke up. "Actually, Jace, I'd like to hang with Clary for a while." Izzy smiled at Clary, and Alec knew she was up to something. He figured it was harmless, and even if it wasn't, he didn't care.

Jace shrugged. "Okay. Well, I'll be in my room when you guys get done." He looked towards Clary before leaving. Alec followed him out the door and walked to his room. He sat down on the bed and looked at the time. He had no idea what he was going to do while they waited. He decided he'd just get some sleep. He set an alarm on his phone and got under the covers, trusting his alarm to wake him on time.

***

Beep beep beep

Alec's alarm went off at 11:55, as he had set it. He turned it off, and untangled himself from the covers. He looked at his himself in the mirror, and quickly brushed his hair that had gotten messy while he'd been sleeping.