Chapter 24

Jonah:

Jonah heard voices around him, and after a moment, he opened his eyes and looked around. He was in the infirmary, and there were nurses around the bed tending to patients. Suddenly, Noah was in his line of view.

"Jonah," he said, smiling at him. "You're awake."

"What happened? How long was I out?" Jonah asked.

"Well, that werewolf gave you a few cracked ribs and a bullet in your shoulder, but the doctors say you're gonna be okay. And you've only been out for almost an hour after your surgery."

"What about the werewolf? What happened to her?"

Noah averted his eyes from Jonah. "I'm pretty sure I killed her."

"Oh." Jonah wasn't sure what to say to that at first. "Well, thank you. She would've killed me if you hadn't."

Noah nodded. "I know, that's why I had to do it. I told you that you weren't leaving my side last night, and I meant it."

Jonah smiled, and tried to move up to kiss him, then stopped and hissed in pain.

"Yeah, the doctor said you'd be in a lot of pain, and that you should take it easy. What did you want?"

"Lean down," Jonah said.

Noah cocked his eyebrow, then leaned down so that his ear was facing his mouth.

"I wanted to kiss you, stupid." He whispered in it, then moved his head to do just that. Jonah sighed at the end of it.

"I'm glad you're okay." Noah said. "I was worried about you."

Jonah smiled. "I was worried about you, too."

Noah just smiled at Jonah for a moment, before saying, "They said they're gonna have to keep you here for a few days to monitor you, then you can recover at home."

"Will you stay with me?" Jonah asked.

"What did I just tell you?" Noah said. "Do I need to get a shirt?"

Jonah chuckled. "No, you don't."

"I would've stayed with you even if you didn't want me to." Noah said.

"No, I would've locked you out."

"Jonah, we're spies. I could easily get through your door."

"Well, you don't have to rub it in."

"So can you! We were all trained to do the same things."

Jonah laughed again and shook his head. "Not me, I took the special ed training."

"You're such a damn liar, stop being rude."

"What? I'm not being rude, I'm serious. I have...disorders."

"Like what, Jonah?"

"I don't have to reveal my medical conditions to you."

Noah rolled his eyes. "You're still loopy from the anesthetics."

"Nah, I slept it off."

"No, you didn't. But you need to."

"I'm not tired. I wanna talk to you."

"I'll be right here." Noah sat down in a chair beside the bed. "And I'll be here when you wake up. I promise."

"I'm not sleeping, I'm not tired." Even as Jonah said this, his eyes began to grow heavy. He yawned, and closed his eyes, and just like that, he was out.