Hydrangeas

A Short  Valentines Day Special <3

"Mom! Dad's being gross again!" Little Aguero screamed as Lilia peeked her head from the kitchen. There she sees her husband asleep on the couch. He was hugging a throw pillow while muttering incoherent words under his breath, something about Hon or whatever. It sounded like a fanfiction for another day. Aguero was glaring at his father with disgust as the drool on his face began to pool onto the throw pillow he was holding. 

"When is he not?" she replied as she focused her attention back on the bowl she was mixing. "Aguero, stop wasting your time on your father and come help me with the chocolates," the woman ordered. The said boy happily complied as he pushed a stool onto the table next to her after washing his hands.

Khun Aguero Agnes was definitely a mommy's boy.

Lilia smiled as she watched Aguero carefully pour the melted chocolate into the heart-shaped molds. He was extremely meticulous about this particular batch, as it's for his best friend Bam. The rest were poorly made (on Aguero's part) which showed the mother and son duo's many attempts at making the treat. "Those can be for the Alligator and the others," the boy said like it was no big deal. After all, he didn't want the ingredients his mother got him to go to waste.

"Now be careful, sweetie," the woman warned as she watched her son pick up a batch of chocolate to transport to another table.

"I will-" but he was cut off as he forgot that he was standing on a stool. With a single step, his tiny body flew forward as his cobalt eyes widened at the solidified chocolates fly about the kitchen tile. He was so in shock that he didn't notice that his mother had caught him just in time before he can suffer the same faith as the poor sweets.

"I told you to be careful," Lilia lightly scolded as she brought the boy close to her chest, checking for any injuries. 

"M-mom I--" Aguero was cut off as the woman hugged him.

"Don't worry about it, we can always make a new batch," Lilia offered a reassuring smile. "Let's throw this one away for now. The floor isn't very clean after all."

"No," Aguero stated firmly as he went to pick up the chocolates before putting them nicely on a plate. "These can be dad's batch."

Lilia tried to hold back a laugh before seeing that Aguero was dead serious. "... Sweetie I know that you hate your father, but no need to be like that--"

"He was flirting with Mrs. Grace at my school the other day," the boy exposed.

"Nevermind, let's give it to him. Shall we add rat poison too?" Lilia deadpanned as she reached for the cupboard under the sink. 

***

"ACHOO!" Eduan sneezed as he woke up from his nap. "For some reason I have an impending feeling that someone is plotting to kill me.... nah, that's impossible! Everyone loves me!"

***

"And now we can add the white chocolate for decoration," Lilia smiled. She watched as her son lined the rims of the chocolate with his brows furrowed in concentration. She dared not make a peep, for she feared that the sudden noise might cause him to mess up. But in the end, the distraction came from elsewhere.

"Wow something smells nice, you guys making chocolate?" Eduan's voice erupted from behind, wrapping his arms around his wife's waist. This caused the mother and son to jump, the former's head accidentally hitting the man's chin. 

"Owowowowowowo," the male hissed while the woman numbed the top of her head. The little boy was staring at his now ruined chocolate in utter despair, muttering how there is no way he can give those chocolates to Bam now.