1st Petal

He loves me.

Lilia Belle. 

Such a delicate name for her delicate frame. 

It suited her delicate lips and delicate face.

A perfect name to accompany both her beauty and her grace. 

Her delicate skin remained untouched by blood.

As her eyes tell a different story.

Her eyes were not as delicate as the rest of her, but they weren't any less beautiful.

Her eyes were the evidence of her true abilities that she hides beneath her delicate appearance.

But that never made her any less appealing.

Those were the beliefs of Khun Eduan as he reminisced about the elegant young woman he met back when he was just an irregular. Back when he was a different man. Back when he only loved one woman. 

Only one woman.

With his current way of life, Eduan would have laughed at simply the mere thought of it. Yet he couldn't bring himself to. 

If he was able to have her in his arms again, then he would leave all those women behind in a heartbeat.

He would.

Sadly, he doesn't have much confidence in himself to actually do it now than compared to thousands of years ago.

He chose to give up love and to instead, indulged himself in lust.

It was his fault.

But not entirely.

Khun Eduan remembered those days when he showed interest in that woman.

At first, he never noticed her.

But then again, he never really notices anyone but himself.

It was those rumors about her beauty that made him turn away from his vanity, for a single glance at something other than himself.

For it was these rumors that piqued his interest in her.

For it was these mere rumors that led him to approach her.

For it was these very rumors that made him fall in love with her.

Oh what would he give to see her stern expression soften into a smile again.

How she would try to stay mad at him at even the most trivial things before giving in.

And that amazing feeling he felt, the moment he broke down that monotonous expression of hers, seeing her smile at him lovingly for the first time.

It was a feeling, that he could never get back. No matter the amount of women he's been with will ever give him that feeling again.

He eventually forgot how great it felt.

All he remembered was that it was great.

But how great was it?

Well, it didn't matter now, does it? Lilia Belle died all those years ago, he'll never see her again.

No longer will he hear her call out his name in her usually irritated tone, lightly laced with certain fondness that was solely reserved for him.

No longer will he see her style her hair up every time they get ready, something he loved to do. Her hair was as black as the night against her snow-like skin. To see her dust her ruby red hanfu as she smoothed out her sleeves. She was always very prim about her presentation.

No longer will he see that hint of a smile perk from her cherry red lips every time they were together. Nor would he see her amethyst eyes glisten, giving away her excitement in contrast to her usual stern face.

The delicate looking woman Khun Eduan loved was no longer. He learned to accept that.

Everyone who knew her were aware of that. 

Except for one.

The head of the Po Bidau family found something interesting whilst visiting the Floor of Death.

Her name?

Lilith Nevaeh.

The reincarnate of Lilia Belle.