10th Petal

He loves me not.

💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔

Why can't humans transcend to gods?

"Huh... where did Lilith go this time?" Khun groaned as the black haired woman was nowhere to be seen.

"Maybe she's trying to talk to Lord Eduan?" Bam suggested while his companions raised a brow at the outrageous statement. Well, everyone except Hansung Yu.

"Why would she try to talk to my father?"

"...Maybe to get him to train her too?"

Khun scoffed as he began to take off his outer garment. "That's impossible. She told me that she hated the Ten Family leaders," he reasoned, recalling their time on the earlier floors.

"She probably just went to the washroom or something. She's always been keen about hygiene and cleanliness, and we've been going through levels without break," the boy continued. "I'll just go find her. That way Hansung can explain to us about this 'mirror of the end'."

Bam nodded as Khun headed out the door, "Okay then, I'll get changed."

***

"Turn around." Eduan ordered but Lilith refused to budge. If it were any other family leader, she would have no problem showing herself. But the man behind her wasn't just another one of her companions.

He was the one she didn't want to see the most.

"... I'm sorry, but-"

"Did I stutter?" Eduan questioned, though more like stated. Annoyance laced his tone. Never in his life has someone as lowly as a regular act so difficult towards him. It made him wonder if the future generations of the tower are slowly forgetting the authority the Ten Great Warriors hold.

"No... sir," Lilith muttered. She dared not to raise her voice, afraid that he'll find it familiar the moment she does.

Though for what is she doing this for?

She's abandoning her pride and character, all just to hide herself from a single man?

Even if he didn't recognize her voice, how will she be able to excuse herself without looking at him in the eye.

Khun Eduan is just as prideful. He won't just simply let such a thing slip by.

That stupid pride they both once shared...

"...is just what I hate about you..." Lilith muttered under her breath.

"Excuse me?" She could tell Eduan is losing his patience with her. Knowing him,  he wouldn't hesitate to kill her if she pushed him any further. But she can't die again.

Not yet.

'I still have to take Bam to the top of the tower.'

Heaving a heavy sigh, her meek posture straightened to that of a more confident one.

'If the gods hate me that much then so be it. I'll take whatever comes my way.'

Slowly, she began to turn around. "I said..." she began, this time much clearer than before.

Eduan felt his eyes widened as he couldn't utter a single word the moment a pair of violet jeweled eyes clashed with his cobalt ones. The very eyes he had always cherish so lovingly.

"That stupid pride of your is just what I hate about you."

Lilith held her gaze as she watched Eduan having no other choice but to comprehend her unexpected presence. For once she felt as if she had the upper hand. He remained unmoving in the same position when he confronted her, arms crossed from annoyance and standing upright. But his face no longer held a sour crease, but a world-shattering disbelief.