12th Petal

He loves me not.

💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔

When Aguero raided his father's treasure house, he became familiar with many rare treasures that exists within the tower. The more his father cherishes the treasure, the farther back it will be stored.

Aguero once walked to the very back of the treasure house, curious as to what his father cherishes the most among all those artifacts strewn about. In the very end, he stumbled upon a painting.

A painting of a woman with a torn face. But what caught his eye the most was the accessory on her head.

A blue lily hairpin starkly contrasting with her beautiful red hanfu adorning her body.

Aguero never thought much of it. But it wasn't something he easily forgot, especially that blue lily.

The very same blue lily that adorns the woman's head.

Aguero couldn't pull his eyes away from the dominating aura the woman held. Her violet jeweled eyes glowering at his father who stood before her.

But what he was most shocked by was the woman's face.

It was Lilith's face.

***

The loss of her powers had always been a hinder to Lilith throughout the climb, both physically and mentally. But the epiphany had never hit harder until this very moment.

The moment she stood before the power of Khun Eduan and her former self.

She shielded her eyes as she tried to catch a glimpse of the two who immediately locked into combat, blowing away land and rubble with each strike. She noticed that majority of the sworn enemies are defeated, except for hers.

Every time Eduan released a strike of lightning, he was countered with a sword of blood red flames* from the woman. Lilith could tell he's getting frustrated as the woman looked like she wasn't the least bit interested in their battle.

Her eyes were on Lilith, and Lilith alone.

Raising her arm, Lilith could immediately tell what the woman is about to do.

"EDUAN BEHIND YOU!" The said man turned just in time to destroy the incoming projectiles before Lilia's* lighthouses surround him.

But he failed to notice her coming at him with her sword. The man clicked his tongue as he barely averted her attack from his heart to his shoulder. The electricity surging throughout his body was scarcely protecting his robust body.

It was obvious who was stronger.

With every strike, Lilith felt her heart clench with nostalgia. Had she always held such a powerful aura about her like every other member of the Ten Great Warriors she encountered? It never occurred to her how powerful she truly was as she was used to spending her time looking up at those stronger than her than down at the weak.

And she's paying the price for her ignorance.

Everyone else was at a loss for words as they watch the powerful family leader who went toe to toe with Jahad struggle against a woman who looked exactly like Lilith.

"Oi... is that thing really the jewel turtle's sworn enemy?" Rak muttered.

"It should be... but they look exactly alike," Bam replied, unable to tear his eyes away from the sight.

"Maybe they're twins?" Endorsi suggested.

"No." Aguero stated, confident in his answer. All eyes averted to him temporarily, but his own cobalt eyes were still on Lilith watching the battle on the side with a longing expression.