Love or Power

Thank you all for the congratulations!! I was going to post this yesterday but I am currently in a snow storm and we didn't have power or internet yesterday, but here is the chapter. One more thing I made Gale on ArtBreeder and this is what he looks like. Anyways on to the chapter. 

Emerson

We walked back in from the balcony and headed to our room. All of the couples stayed together in a suite. My back was aching from the metal wings and I could tell Rye's were too. We walked back quickly, eager to get them off of our backs. The entire time he talked to me all I could was stare at him. The way he laughed, ran his hand through his hair when he was upset, gods just the way he did everything. I had to get away from him before he realized that I wasn't pretending anymore.

He opened the door to our room and Isabella quickly took off our wings. He rolled out his shoulders, the muscles under his button up flexing. I bit my cheek. He's pretending. It's not real. Gods, if I didn't get out of here soon I was going to be in serious trouble. I just needed to change and then go to the training center. I could burn off my energy there. I walked into the room to there right, seeing the massive four poster bed. I walked to the closet and opened it expecting to find my clothes, but instead finding Rye's.

"You do realize that this is my room right?" He was leaning against the door frame, a strand of dark hair curling above his eye. His shirt was halfway undone, exposing the solid muscle underneath, I swallowed.

"Oh, yeah." I tried to indifferent, like I had always acted in front of him. I turned from the wardrobe and walked back to the living room in the center. There was another set of doors across from his. I walked over to them and opened them, I could feel Rye walking behind me.

My mouth fell open. I was so glad he was behind me, so he couldn't see my face. The room was a library, with a long wooden table going through it.

"I think there has been a mistake," I whipped my head, raising a single eyebrow at him. He looked equally confused as me.

"Hold on," He walked out of our room. He returned a moment later with his hand resting at the base of his neck. "So it seems that this might be my fault. They thought that since we were so in love that we didn't need two rooms, so they put us in here." He ran his hand through his hair. "I can't very well ask to change rooms, that would cause doubt."

"Oh, Um—it's fine." I could feel my cheeks heat.

"No no, I'll just sleep on the couch." I was going to regret what I was about to say, but that didn't stop me.

"Rye the bed is big enough for two." I walked into the bedroom, Rye following me. "See," I gestured to the bed. "If you're on one side you won't even touch me, it'll be fine." He shook his head.

"Are you sure? I wouldn't want to—"

"No it's fine I slept in the same bed with Mathew when we went on missions sometimes." Okay, maybe that wasn't a good comparison. He shrugged again and moved to the side of the bed closest towards the wall, his back towards me. I walked to the other wardrobe and found my clothes there. I pulled out my normal black shirt and leggings. I walked into the bathroom and changed, glad to finally get out of that dress.