Betrayal

Competition Update: I have decided that I will be giving away QoA merchandise. This is the print I will be giving away. There will be three prizes and this is an international giveaway. All of them will be this commissioned art work of Rye and Emerson just in different types of merch. 

Third place-  an art print signed by me

Second Place- A poster signed by me

First place- An art print signed by me, a poster, and an exclusive chapter from a character of your choosing. 

All you have to do is comment on this chapter. 1 comment= 1 entry for a Max of 10 entries. 

Rye

I told her that I would try to find out who killed her family, but I already knew, or I thought I did. She told me the story of her parents murder and she mentioned a half-black half-iron sword. I had seen that sword somewhere, I had seen it at the Main Estate on the Island. When I was growing up here I used to wonder the halls or play hide-and-seek with Jase. I knew this place like the back of my hand and I knew I had seen that sword somewhere.

On the boat when she told me about Mathew seeing a symbol burned into wood on her door. It was a triangle with a line through it and I knew that symbol anywhere. It was the symbol my Father would burn onto letters, personal documents, and it was even burned onto the pages of all the books he gave me. It was his way of marking his territory or letting someone know that he was there.

When she asked me if I knew that symbol anywhere I wanted to say yes, I did, but I wanted to be sure. I wanted to be sure it was my Father because if it was I was going to lose her forever, so I needed to be sure. Emerson had gone years without knowing the murdered of her parents, I wanted to be sure I got it right if I told her for her sake, and mine.

Since that day on the boat I've been thinking how could I tell her. How could I go to her, my Entrella, the other half of my very soul and tell her it was my family who killed hers. That it was my family who did this to her? I had seen the vengeance she had gotten on Mathew for turning her in, I shuddered at the thought of the vengeance she would get on my family. I shook my head and ran a hand through my hair, I had to be sure first. I could be wrong, I prayed to the gods that I was wrong.

I didn't know if I could lose her.

I opened the door to the basement, I went down the stairs, slowly. As if I was stalling from what I was going to find out. I just needed a few more moments of being ignorant. At the bottom of the stairs I took a left, leading down into the archives. I walked down a hallway of many wooden doors, most leading to servant rooms, and storage. At the end of the hallway were two big oak double doors. I pushed them open and flicked a flame into my hand. The darkness skittered away from the fire in my hand. I walked into the dark room, the air stale, and dust floating in the air. I walked a little further into the room, guided by my fire, and turned on the lights to the archive. The lights slowly flickered on.