Valentine's Day

A/N: I had no idea what to put as the title because this short fic came up at the spur of the moment so I just wrote that since this is a little Valentine's Day special. Thanks! Stay safe, y'all! ❤

***

Phone rings.

She picks up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, do you know what time it is? I've been calling since 10am. You haven't picked up 167 of my calls since then!"

"Ugh! Why are you yelling so early? I just woke up, okay? My ears are still sleeping. Hm? Wait. It's 4pm. What's up?"

"What's up? It's 4pm and you're still in bed!"

"I did say I was going to sleep all day today."

"I didn't think you were serious. I know you're really not into celebrating this day but I thought you would at least do something a little special for you."

"Says the guy who's been playing online games all day. *giggles*"

"You were asleep! I couldn't get through your phone! I couldn't just barge in there anymore anyway no matter how worried I was. What else can I do? Let myself go crazy with worry?! *sighs*"

"*sighs* Why were you calling me anyway?"

"I..."

"What? Can't tell me now? Where was that impassioned speech just now?"

"You..."

"I... You... What's with you today, Richard? Don't tell me you just called because you missed me. *chuckles*"

"..."

"..."

"What if I say, you were right?"

"..."

"Maine?"

"You can't just say things like that."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"..."

"..."

"There are things we can't say to each other anymore but I think you know what I feel too, right?"

"Yes. I know. *grits teeth, sighs* You've been sleeping the whole day, no plans with him?"

"Let's not talk about that please."

"Okay."

"You? No plans?"

"Valentine's Day was never special to me. You were my only exception."

"You were mine too."

"..."

"..."

"You haven't eaten a bite the whole day too, have you?"

"Well, I can't eat while I'm asleep, can I? *giggles*"

"*sighs* Still as willful and stubborn as ever. Fine. Be lazy, if you want to be lazy today. I'll have something delivered for you."

"No. I'll call for delivery. You're not the only one with delivery service power, you know? *laughs* Besides... *sighs* You don't have to do things like this for me anymore."

"I don't have to but I want to. I can still care for you as your friend, can't I? I mean... You do the same for me."

"Fine. Why do you have to turn your cheesiness on me all of a sudden? You're so annoying. Do what you want. I'm going back to sleep!"

She hangs up.

He smiles, staring at his phone. "Can I really do what I want?"

An hour later...

Still reeling from the after-effects of the phonecall, she's been tossing and turning on her bed for an hour.

The doorbell rings.

She irritatingly throws the blanket away and jumps out from the bed.

The doorbell rings again. "Delivery!"

"I'll be right there!" She runs to the door.

She looks through the peephole and freezes.

Unconsciously, her hand moves to open the door.

He grins, holding up bags of food and a bouquet of sunflowers and red roses.

"Wh... What are you doing here?" She stutters, staring at him in disbelief.

He smiles softly. He steps closer to her. He leans and whispers in her ear, "Doing what I want with you."

They go inside and close the door.

In their world of two, nothing else matters.