Sisters

Fic inspired by this. ☺️

***

***

"Hey, Riz."

"Ate Meng? Kumusta? Long time."

"Like last week, right?" She giggles on the other end of the line.

Riza giggles with her. Hearing RJ's younger sister's laughter warms her heart and makes Maine smile.

"Oo nga. I guess mabilis lang kitang ma-miss." Riza tells her.

"Awww... I miss you too, Riz," she says. She genuinely does. They may have met through Riza's brother but they have developed their own friendship. A bond as close as being blood sisters can get. "That's why I called actually. Biñan ang barangay today. I'm on my way there na. I was thinking, if you're free later after ko dun, we can have late lunch or merienda. Pwede ka ba?"

"Yes! Yes! Sure, Ate. Saan tayo magkikita? Gusto ko din sana pakita sa'yo yung site ng McDo branch ni Kuya."

"Great! Gusto ko din yun eh."

"Si Kuya?" Riza grins.

"Makita yung branch." Maine chuckles.

"Ah okay. Kala ko..." Riza giggles. "So later?"

"Yup. It's a date then. Susunduin kita. Malapit lang naman sa inyo. Para makapag-Hi na din kina Lola. We can drive back here after."

"Naku! Miss na miss ka din ni Lola. Expect mo na na yung merienda date natin maging dinner, di ka pakakawalan nun." The younger Faulkerson laughs.

Maine laughs with her. "Malamang nga yan. Tamang-tama, dala ko pa sa van yung mga pasalubong ko sa inyo from Bangkok. Feeling ko mabi-busy siya dun sa dala ko for them ni Lolo Danny. Makakatakas tayo." She says the last sentence in a conspiratorial whisper then snickers. Riza giggles with her. "Sige, Ate. See you later. Good luck sa Bulaga."

"Thanks, Riz. Kailangang maging productive today para sa future."

"Future pamangkins ko?"

"Uy!"

"Joke lang. Alam ko naman. Pasensiya na kasi wala talaga akong ibang nai-imagine na Mama ng mga future dimpled pamangkins ko eh. A girl could wish, right?"

"Malay natin. Sa tamang panahon." She smiles and lets out a little sigh. "Later, Riz ha? Excited na ako."

"Me too. See you. Bye. Ingat.

"You too. Bye."

The line clicks signalling the end of the call but Riza is still smiling. She's really glad to keep the friendship with her Kuya's ex-flame after everything that happened. She thought it would be awkward but it really wasn't. Even her Kuya and Maine kept a really close friendship after they decided to set aside all their feelings for each other and stop trying too hard.

It was never clear to anyone, not her, not their families or maybe even her Kuya RJ and Maine herself what exactly they had but she knows they were never officially together and they were (ARE, if she's going to be honest) very deeply inlove.

"Oh, shoot!" She gasps, a hand flying up to cover her mouth, when she realizes what was going to happen that day. "Okay lang naman siguro yun. Bahala na." She shrugs then proceeds downstairs to join her family for breakfast.

To be continued...

***

Unbeta'ed and not proofread. 2 parts lang po. Thank you for reading if may mag-read man. Meron naman siguro. Hehe