Winter Wonderland

A/N:

For Mama Julz.

Because Japan pa more and ninja MAICHARD is life. Nag-imagine na naman ako. Samahan niyo akong magkulay at mag-delulu. Hahahahaha

Happy Weekend!

***

December 21, 2019:

They arrive at Mount Moiwa, he is grinning with excitement as they get down from their vehicle. He sighs dreamily as he takes in the view of the blanket of snow that covered every inch of earth in the place. How many times has he dreamt of being in a place like this, enjoying the holidays with his family, frolicking in the snow, riding a snow mobile and just giving them the best time of their lives in a Winter wonderland like this then thinking it was impossible then? It was. Now, it isn't because they're here. God has granted his wishes. He made this possible for them. He couldn't ask for anything more. Nothing can make him happier.

Okay. He sighs. Maybe more.

He looks up to the sky and smiles. "Enjoy ka diyan, Ma? Sakay tayo dun sa cable car mamaya." He misses his Mom everyday but he also knows she's always with them.

"Sayang wala si Riza at ang Kuya mo, siguradong mag-eenjoy sila dito," his Dad says.

"Oo nga, Dad."

"Tsaka si Mommy. Naku! Tiyak kahit ibalot nun si Daddy mula bumbunan hanggang talampakan para hindi lamigin, lalaban pa din yun sa pasyalan." Richard Sr chuckles.

RJ finds himself chuckling with him but his eyes are blankly looking afar, laughing half-heartedly, missing other members of his family. They were all part of the picture in his mind, them and another special person, the one who always makes his heart skip a beat or two with her smile.

"Okay ka lang, nak?"

"Okay lang, Dad. Buti pa kukuha na po ako ng tickets natin." He volunteers.

"Sige. Samahan lang muna namin ni Angel si Daddy."

He scrolls through his phone as he walks, checking for a message from her or any update that will show him how she is. It must be around 8am in Manila. She may be awake now.

"Pero baka hindi pa, napuyat. May pyjama party sila kagabi eh. Malamang inabot na nang madaling araw yung sa chikahan." He locks his phone and keeps it in his pocket. "Mamaya na lang. Tatawag din yun. Miss ka rin niya. Oo. Sigurado yun. Hindi lang ikaw ang parang baliw na kumakausap sa sarili ngayon sa sobrang pagka-miss sa kaniya."

Has it really only been 3 days since they were last together? It sure feels like 3 years. He sighs.

He keeps walking, determined to enjoy the day with the loved ones that are there with him when something catches his eye. A woman beside a yellow snow mobile being instructed on how to use the vehicle. What strikes him is that she is only wearing a beanie hat, knitted gloves and a thick wool sweater jacket against the negative two degrees cold.

"Grabe! Ang tibay ng babaeng to sa lamig. Parang si Menggay lang dun sa Canada dat... i... Teka! Kilala ko tong babaeng to!" He thinks.

As if on cue, the woman looks over her shoulder and sees him. She immediately smiles and turns to him while it happens to him again, her disarming smile makes his heart skip a beat and world around him move in slow motion.

"No way..." He gasps in awe as she walks towards him. "Meng..."

"Yes?" She grins.

"Panaginip to di ba?" He asks, still not believing his eyes.

"Hmmm... Let's see." She flicks his nose and grins.

"Aray!" He yelps as he puts a hand on his nose, her giggles ringing sweetly in his ear.

"Ano? Mukha pa rin ba itong panag... mmm..." Her question is cut short by his lips crashing on hers as he cradles her nape and wraps an arm around her back. The kiss lasts for a few seconds, sweet but definitely not gentle as his eager lips takes as much of her sweetness as they can.

"Haaay... Ang sarap!" He sighs softly as he rest his forehead on hers. "Isa pa baka nananaginip lang ako."

"Hoy!" She pinches his side making him cringe and whine in pain again. "Hindi ako pumunta ng Japan para lang magpa-papak sa'yo. Ipasyal mo ako!" She tells him sternly.

"Yes po." He grins. He takes her hand and presses a kiss on it before intertwining their fingers. They walk hand in hand to the direction he was going before he saw her, smiling from ear to ear.

"Happy ka?" She asks.

He lets out a burst of giggle that he couldn't hold anymore. "Grabe. Sobrang happy. Yung saya na hindi mo maitago? Alam mo yun? Tignan mo, mukha na akong baliw dito sa laki ng ngiti ko."

She smiles and leans her head on his arm. "Ang gwapong baliw naman."

"Baliw na baliw sa'yo." He grins and kisses her hair. "I still can't believe you're actually here. Di ba nasa party ka lang kagabi? Tapos sobrang busy mo pa sa work para sa promo ng movie. Hindi ko na talaga inasahan to. Imposible eh."

"Pag gusto, maraming paraan. Pag mahal, walang imposible. Ikaw kaya nagpakita nun sa akin, Astroboy. It's time I returned the favor. So I got on the flight at 1am kaya before 8am  nandito na ako."

"Grabe. Hindi ka ba mapapagod niyan? Kailan balik mo?"

"Bukas. I booked a private flight."

"Bukas?! Ma, naman, isang araw lang? Nagpagod ka lang talaga eh." He frowns. "Sana nagpahinga ka na lang muna, uuwi din naman ako."

She stops walking and so does he. She turns her face up to meet his gaze and cups his cheek. "Kahit sandali lang, kahit ilang oras, minuto or segundo lang kita makakasama, I still want to be here with you. Hindi ako basta nagpagod lang dahil kasama kita. Ikaw kaya ang taga-pawi ng lahat ng pagod ko. I'm exactly where I need to be. With you." She smiles.