Steam

Green Part 2
Warning: Explicit. 18+

***

January 11, 2019:

She thinks she hears the doorbell ring but the sound of the shower overhead muffles the sound. She turns it off and listens. Nothing. She shrugs it off as an imagination, a crazy hope that he's somehow sorry about their fight and actually came to talk to her.

"Asa ka." She mumbles as she continues her bath, scrubbing her skin until it almost stings. She's still so pissed about their spat. She ignored him for the rest of the show earlier and didn't answer any of his calls and texts after she left the studio without saying a word to him.

She knows he's not one to apologize, his pride is too god damned high for that. She was always the one to make the first move to make things right whenever they had a fight but that was back then, when she was still his girlfriend. This being their first argument since they decided to step back from their relationship and agree to more platonic terms which they both agreed was more open and harmonious than they were officially a couple, things might change a little and he would swallow some of that pride to keep the friendship that they have. Clearly, she's wrong.

Their setup has been working well for months. It's not like they don't talk anymore. In fact, they communicate much better now that he's not beating himself up for not giving the attention and time he wanted to and he thinks she deserves and she's not expecting too much from him and less insecure about him getting tired of her and finding someone better.

Less pressure means less fights which also means they now have a better understanding of each other.

Setting aside the fact that they're still very much inlove with each other and not ready to be in relationships with other people, they see nothing wrong with their setup. They're closer to each other more than ever and quite happier in an unconventional sort of way. If people knew about their relationship, they'd probably get a good smacking on the head to straighten what they would believe is a crazy idea.

Yes. What they have is complicated but it is what it is and right now it works.

She steps out of the shower and twists her hair up in a towel then puts on a robe. She goes to her bedroom and checks her phone. 20 missed calls from RJ over the past hour. It's 8pm. She wonders if Dean is home now and he already called for food delivery.

She goes outside to check and is about to cross the living room to knock on his door when...

"Hi, Maine."

"Holy shhhhh... RJ!"

He is standing in the middle of the living room with a bouquet of flowers and a bag of food. Korean judging from the restaurant name written on the bag. She's surprised but he looks more shocked than she is. His expression changes from a hopeful smile to stupefied paleness to dark wanting to an extreme blush that covers him from his neck to his ears in a matter of five seconds. He looks away.

"Shit! Shit! Shit! Hold it together, Faulkerson." He scolds himself inwardly. "Okay na eh. You were looking into her eyes with a sincere apologetic smile. Why did you have to look down?!"

She wonders why he's acting so weird again and then realizing where his eyes traveled to and what he saw, she's suddenly aware of her nakedness under her silk robe. She pulls the V opening of the robe over her chest close and hugs herself, although the sheerness of the silk fabric that's hugging her body leaves nothing to the imagination especially not from one who has seen and worshipped its wonders. "What are you doing here? How did you get in?" She asks in a small voice, a blush creeping on her cheeks.