Sneak Peek

A/N: You already know this but for good measure, I'm saying it anyway— THIS IS FICTION.

***

October 15, 2019

It's over an hour into the movie, he thinks his feet cannot move faster than they already are as he scampers through the restricted path in the mall that he had previously arranged to access but every minute that passes means a minute of him missing such an important event in her life so each stride becomes more determined to get there. The way they're taking is the shortest, most secure and discreet way to get to where he wants to be. He also insisted to go alone so as not to call any attention to himself but was only allowed to go if he agrees to bring one companion. One who isn't known to be associated with him but can be trusted. That person is now trying hard to catch up with him. A man with a purpose.

He makes it just in time. Before he pushes the door, he makes sure his beanie is in place and the hood of his jacket is over his head. It's the perfect disguise as long as he stays in the shadows, just enough to mask his very recognizable face but also not too much to call unnecessary attention to himself.

He quietly pushes the usually restricted door which is now deliberately left open for his exclusive use. He slips in undetected as everyone's attention is focused on the phenomenal beauty in front of them.

And as always, like reversely polarized magnets, his eyes get drawn to her and get held in suspended enchantment. Her taking his breath away is nothing that surprises him anymore, he's found himself in that situation just by watching her simply open her eyes in the morning or merely brush her hair by the window. He's in constant awe of her. It's happened to him so many times, it became his new normal. What's special about this moment though is that he is not just mesmerized by her beauty and everything that he's used to seeing her do because what he's watching now is a revelation of all that even she didn't believe she was capable of doing. To say it's beautiful and impressive is an understatement. It's stellar! It's something that burrows deep into your heart and lives there for a while.

His heart beams with so much pride that he can't even begin to comprehend. Tears start rolling down his cheeks as a smile draws on his lips.

"Yes. That's her. My universe." He thinks to himself.

He takes out his phone, and sends her a message.

Congratulations! 🙌
I'm so proud of you. ❤️😘

She discreetly checks her phone after she feels it buzz.

Thank you! I was so nervous! I'm still nervous!

He smiles and types his reply. It's just like her to be like that.

Hey... Don't worry too much. You know who got this?

She smiles.

God. 🙏

Who know who always got your back? 😊

You. ❤️

Yes. Always.

And I got yours. Always.

Always. ❤️
You look beautiful. 🥰

She gasps when she reads that message. She starts looking around.

Where are you?

"Sinong hinahanap mo?" Her leading man in the movie asks. He smiles at her gently. "Malapit na ending. You can't miss that. Ang galing mo dun."

"Ha?" She looks at him but he can recognize that she's distracted. "Magaling ka din dun. I won't miss it." She smiles and turns her eyes back to the big screen.

Right where I always am. 😊

Always. He always got her back. That's it! She quickly turns her to look at the farthest corner of the room. There he is, hiding in the shadows but his smile shines through. He is standing far enough from the audience to easily sneak away but close enough for her to see.

He waves that famous wave at her, the one they used to exchange through split screen. She smiles back, a warm heartfelt smile to let him know how grateful she is to see him. He blows her a kiss then holds a hand to his chest above his heart. It's their silent "I love you". She nods, teary-eyed, she understands. She touches her forefinger to her nose, a quiet "I love you more".

He types on his phone. Her phone vibrates.

I have to go bago may makapansin.

I know. 😔
Thank you for being here. ❤️ You didn't have to.

Of course I have to. I know how important this is to you, I wouldn't miss it for the world.

I'll see you later. I love you, RJ.

I love you most. See you. 😍😘

She sighs after reading his message, her heart full. She looks just in time to see him sneak out of the cinema through the fire exit.