Chapter 7

^
Outfits of the performance

Beth's POV:

After our performance we went home. Then the next morning I made breakfast and cleaned up.

This week we will perform I'm like a Bird. It's supposed to be ballads but they want to put their funk in it. And I have nothing against that at all. No need for emotional ballads.

They all seem to already know each other for a lifetime. Why am I not feeling that? I feel left out for some odd reason. I'm trying and it's not working. They would work perfectly without me.

I'm trying to open up, joke around with them, but for some reason it just doesn't feel like they already feel with each other. On the outside it probably looks like I feel the same. But I don't. Why don't I? It's frustrating.

They woke up finally and all thanked me. It wasn't that grand. Just eggs and bacon plus toast and a few cut vegetables.

As they ate I wasn't hungry. So I just sat down with orange juice and Leigh looked at me.

She gave me a look I couldn't decipher immediately, but soon recognized it as  worry.

Then she whispered, "Please go get a plate and eat." She tried to not draw attention to me and I thanked her innerly.

I genuinely didn't want to but the worry in her eyes made me feel bad. So I sighed and got one. She smiled relieved at me.

I put on a little bit of vegetables and toast. That's enough. The rest needs to eat.

"So we need to go to our vocal coach today right?" Perrie asked.

Then Jesy said, "Oh yeah right. Did you all memorize your lines already?" She asked.

We all nodded and I just sat there. I didn't want to eat. I don't deserve this food, I didn't pay for it or work for it.

Oh my dear mother, I'm sorry I can't fight this for you.

Flashback

I was in my room in this clinic. My mother and my siblings entered.

"You're getting out if you keep on doing this great." Noah said ruffling up my hair.

I fixed it and sighed.

Then Alison sat down next to me, "Come on Beth. There has to be a reason why you won't eat. Did someone make you believe things?" She asked.

"No. I simply don't like eating. I don't know why." I lied.

The truth is I always skipped school because of that. Bullying sucks.

But I knew I had to put an effort in to get out of here. When I first arrived here with tubes all over me I knew I didn't want this.

Alison was still next to me and then hugged me tightly. I know that they weren't ever as scared as they were when they found out. Noah being the protective older brother he is immediately wanted to beat anyone up who looked at me the wrong way. Alison being the sensitive older sister and staying by my side the whole time.