Chapter 12

Beth's POV:

Since last week things have been... weird.

Leigh-Anne and Jade felt the strong need to tease me about Perrie and I know that Jesy's been doing the same to her.

I've tried to forget that now and honestly it was automatic. I don't even know how but it just blurted out my mouth.

However today we have our next performance. To be honest I still can't wrap my head around it. There are actually people that recognize me.

I've talked to the council in Fordwich. The mayor knew my mother and they were friends. She made sure that there would be no reports about my family's death.

I knew that people would start looking me up and thanks to the mayor they won't find anything out unless I tell them... or Well if someone decided to tell them everything.

That would really suck but I just pray that the people there still don't care about me.

That's not likely though.

Even though it's small and people probably imagine everyone being nice and all family-like with each other, it's not like that at all.

Fordwich is swarmed with fakes, bullies, phonies and so on. I know what I'm talking about.

Even Sam's mom is one of them. Truth be told Sam would probably be like that if it weren't for her connection with my family.

We all hated people like that so we were kind of the most picked on because we didn't hide our imperfections like everyone there.

Yeah talk about where the bullying comes from.

We didn't act like we were high because of anything. Not to mention we didn't have anything to do so.

But now that I'm becoming famous, the people there will suck up to me and God how I hate that kind of behaviour.

So my plan is to never really return to Fordwich. As I've said my family was picked on before and the people there aren't above picking on the dead.

Right now I was laying awake in bed actually. God knows I'm craving the sleep I got when I slept next to Perrie.

It's already 6 a.m. and we'll have to stand up in 3 hours and I was so done.

Honest to god I have no idea how my body handles it all but I'm glad it does.

I should probably eat soon. I passed out yesterday in the bathroom but only for like 5 minutes. When I woke up I immediately panicked. They could've known.

I sighed and turned around and stood up. My entire body felt so heavy and I really could barely hold myself up. If my mind would let me rest now I'd have three hours of sleep and I'd be able to function with them.

Come on. I decided to lay back down again but when I did no matter what position I did was uncomfortable.

I decided to just shut my eyes and finally sleep overtook me.

Didn't last long though.

One and an half hour later I woke up due to a nightmare. I sighed and stood up to shower.

Should I just ask Perrie? Now that I've finally known or more like remembered what it feels like I wanna have it more and more. That satisfying feeling of being able to sleep like a normal person.

I finished and went downstairs. Jade was already downstairs and cooked. Eggs and bacon.

"Oh... to what do I owe this pleasure?" I asked smirking.

She smiled at me and said, "Well you've been doing pretty much everything ever since we moved in and I figured it'd be time to take some work from your shoulders, also considering you're the youngest."

I shrugged, "Told ya in that matter I'm the mom of the group. It's fine though Jade. You don't have to wake up extra early to cook." I said.

She frowned, "Well you shouldn't either then." She said.

Before I could stop myself I said, "Well if I'm awake anyway why not?"

Where the fuck is my filter. These girls are breaking my walls and I don't want that. I don't usually blurt out stuff like that.

"Why are you awake?" She asked drawing her eyebrows together.

I sighed, "Nothing you have to think about." I said and sat down.

I really don't want to eat but I do have to. If I don't want to faint again I should really eat something, anything.

So I put on a slice of toast and a bit of egg.

Jade sat down as well and we ate together. Slowly the rest descended and were fully dressed and ready to go.

Great another performance.

*******

We just finished our performance and Louie and Kelly weren't really impressed and I don't blame them. This one was really boring.

Then Gary started talking, "Girls you're doing really good in this competition. But there's something I'd like to say is that Beth is the best singer in this group okay? That's what's missing for me at the moment a focus, a lead singer." He said.

I knew exactly that this guy would ask me about this later so I just planned to wait.

"Gary Little Mix stands for five woman uniting and showing there's no need for anyone to be a lead." Tulisa said.

Then Kelly and Louie got involved as well naming groups that had lead singers.

The interviewer interrupted them and then asked Jade, "What do you make of the judges comments?"

Jade bless her heart got back to her shy and quiet voice all because of Gary and right now I hated him, "We do try to do our best and take the comments into consideration. On our second song Beth has more parts so we hope you'll enjoy it."

My heart broke and now I was definitely not going to shut up.

"Beth what do you think about the comments of being the lead singer." He then asked me.

"I think it was just unnecessary and it couldn't be further from the truth. You can't just say I'm the best singer, if that could be determined there would be no need for Little Mix to exist. We all are incredible at singing. All of us have our weaker spots and our stronger spots. So yeah thanks but no. Little Mix stands for the unity of Woman. It's not my fault the older girl bands couldn't figure that out." I said really not caring if I'm being rude.

The crowd erupted into applauds and Tulisa stood up and clapped. The girls all had their mouths open but also looked quite happy.

"Well if that ain't a statement." He said and we were led off stage to get into our outfits for the next performance.

"Beth you're crazy." Jesy said.

I shrugged, "I'm not crazy. I was stating the truth in my blatant way. Gary's just trying to divide us cause he wants to win. I was not gonna stand there and let him degrade your singing." I said.

They all smiled widely and tackled me in a big hug.

They were right about one thing, I really can't complain if they are the ones who touch me.