Chapter 32

Beth's POV:

After we finished all our interviews and performances in Japan we had a flight to catch today in the evening. Our album is released in a week and I'm excited to see the mixer's reactions.

We were all in Leigh's room just chilling since today was our free day. I was scrolling through my phone then suddenly I got like a thousand notifications. Completely out of nowhere.

The girls got some as well but not as much as me. I checked out what I got tagged on and what I saw let me know that shit is about to go down now. 

Kristen revealed everything.

I pressed on the link and of course it had to be by The Daily Mail. It was kind of like a call and the audio was leaked. Accidentally of course.

The girls all looked at me and I just let it play. I need to know what she told them. Knowing her, she probably mixed in a few lies here and there.

"Beth are you sure you want to listen to it?" Jade asked. I nodded and turned up the volume.

"What can you tell us about the mysterious Elizabeth Fields?" Asked a male voice

"A lot. I've known her all my life. We grew up in the same block." I heard Kristen's voice.

"Start with her family." He said.

"Oh that's just a tragic story, she had two siblings, Noah and Alison, both were older. She lived with her parents and siblings all together. She had a really big family, but on Beth's birthday they rented a mansion and it lit up in flames. Her father wasn't there he was running late, but Beth and her best friend are the only survivors." She said with her fake compassion.

The girls all looked at me. Perrie was next to me and held my hand, drawing patterns on them to calm me.

"That really is tragic. What else do you know?" He asked.

"Beth suffered from a lot of stuff before her family's passing. I remember in our school there was a lot of bullying." She started.

I shook my head. The only bullying that existed there was towards me. All because of her. Of course she wouldn't mention that it was her.

"She was the main victim of it. I tried to help her out, but it proved to be very hard. She got bullied mostly because her family and her didn't have that much money. They worked very hard to make ends meet and Fordwich is a really small town. Basically everyone knew about it. Those heartless kids did so many things to her." She said.

Trying to help me out, my ass.

The girls all looked shocked at the new revelation. They are about to find out everything.

"Like what?" The man asked.

"There is really a lot of stuff, but I'll try and name as much as I can. Obviously they called her names, beat her, threw garbage at her, cornered her in the bathroom... there's a lot more but that's what I remember from the top of my head. This extreme bullying resulted into her skipping a lot. I don't blame her." She said.

The girls all cried. I just kept on listening to the voice that made my school experience literal suffering. She is right, they did a lot more.

"That's terrible. What else happened?" He asked.

"The stuff they said to her obviously stuck. She started getting problems. Stopped eating. She developed anorexia through it. Once she almost died and had to stay in an institute to nourish her thoroughly. It hit her family hard. After they died however she completely stopped walking anywhere in the town. The only time when someone would see her was when she went to the graveyard. Now paying a funeral for these dozen of family members costs quite a lot. She had to sell everything they owned. Even though she used every last bit of money they had she was still in debt. That's why she came to the X Factor in the first place I think. Her father and her however had a very bumpy way. He at first didn't want her around, but they are working to get back to normal.