Chapter 51

Beth's POV:

"So we have to put everything on hold?" Nathan asked annoyed.

The girls nodded and I rolled my eyes. I hoped at least now he'd become a decent human being.

"Fine." He muttered and Simon sighed.

"Calm it Nathan. I hope you'll be good after the surgery Beth." Simon said.

"Thank you." I said. I know it was out of complete politeness, something he often enough doesn't possess.

"You may leave now, girls you are in charge of keeping us updated about Beth okay?" He said.

The girls nodded again. We bid our goodbyes and left the building and went to my car.

"He was unexpectedly nice about it." Jesy stated.

I stayed quiet. I would love to believe that Simon actually is a good person but that's near impossible. At least in this situation he is nice I guess.

"At least one redeemable quality." Leigh-Anne sighed and went to the drivers seat.

"Guys, I know I'm sick but Leigh-Anne you give me a heart attack each time you drive, please let me." I whined.

"Just because of that comment no." Leigh-Anne said and sat down in the drivers seat.

"Great." I muttered and went to the back.

We drove in a comfortable silence. It's been like that ever since we found out. None of them joke around as much anymore. It's annoying me. I get where they are coming from, but this sad environment definitely doesn't help me. Neither mentally, or physically.

I didn't say anything though because I don't want to make this harder on them. Forcing them to act happy isn't gonna do the trick anyways.

Leaning my head against Perrie's shoulder I took a deep breath. My surgery is tomorrow. Tulisa, Sam and Debbie should arrive in an hour or two. The girls will be staying with us and I'm glad about it.

Someone needs to be there with Perrie. I also need to tell Sam to take good care of her concerning anxiety attacks. She always was good in calming people down. Especially me. I just hope her ability will help Perrie as well.

It's calming to know she won't ever be alone. She has been trying to act strong since yesterday, but I'm not stupid. It's tearing her apart.

God I hope I won't forget her. That would be extremely hard for her.

We arrived at mine and Perrie's home.

The girls had to occupy one guest room together because the other three will go to Tulisa, Debbie and Sam. They had no problem with it though.

"I'll go make dinner." I said.

"Hey I can make it." Perrie said smiling. She has been practicing the dish over and over again, and I must say, she's got it down perfectly.

"Yeah Beth you can rest." Jade said.

"We just have to endure mediocre cooking today." Jesy teased Perrie.

"Okay." I smirked at Perrie and she smiled right back knowing exactly they will take that back as soon as they tasted it.

The girls and I watched TV. Not really though. Leigh and I talked about the latest fashion trends while Jade and Jesy messed around by throwing a ball at each other.

The door bell rang and I stood up to get it. Looking through the hole I saw Sam and smiled.

I opened the door and she smiled weakly.