~ chapter 16 ☁️

I tear my eyes away from his and look over his shoulder to see Eli, Haider and Alexander in all their glory standing in front of us, looking shocked.

Alexander doesn't hesitate to come over and grab the dark haired boy's arm that's still being used to hold me in place.

'Dominic, let her go.' He coaxes softly but sternly, in a tone that I would have never thought I'd ever see Alexander Scott use.

So that's his name then, Dominic. It hadn't even struck me that I still didn't know his name despite everything that has been unfolding between us these last couple days.

I watch in curiosity for a moment at how quickly the anger in Dominic's eyes melts away to revel the true vulnerability underneath them when Alexander joins us. So that's what he needed to help him calm down I think, he just needed Alexander. Observing the interaction between them almost feels like I'm watching something I shouldn't (for the second time now, ironically enough). And it's clear from the drastic change in Dominic's behaviour, that the blue eyed boy means a lot to him and that that kiss I walked in on did mean something to the both of them after all.

He instantly lets go of me, as if hypnotised by Alexander's quiet demand and turns to face him with cautious eyes.

'What are you doing? I told you it was under control, didn't I?' Alexander gently presses on, raising an eyebrow at the shorter male.

It is so weird to see Alexander acting so tender with him, I feel like I have to pinch myself just to make sure what I'm seeing before me is actually real. But even when I forcefully blink a second later, the amount of adoration in both their eyes is still as vivid as ever. It's almost as if I can't tear my eyes away from what's happening in front of me- but that's okay, because annoyingly enough, someone else soon does it for me.

I gasp when I'm suddenly shoved with an unnecessary amount of force for the second time today. After pushing me behind him, an unimpressed looking Eli turns to face me with a bored look on his face.

'Can never just keep yourself out of trouble for once can you?' he scoffs as if irritated but I can practically hear the amusement dripping off his smug words.

'W-What, I didn't even do anything.' I mutter in defence, flustered and scrambling to find words to defend myself.

He simply clicks his tongue at me, watching as I begin to pout at his dismissive attitude as well as avoid his gaze, downright offended at his accusation.

'Are you hurt?' He deadpans and I can't help but awkwardly fidget when his eyes begin to roam my figure on the lookout for any signs I had been harmed.

Before I can even open my mouth to respond, a familiar voice full of outrage and annoyance cuts in from behind Eli.

'Hey, man. I didn't do anything apart from give her a little push, what the hell do you think-'

'Are you hurt?' Eli yet again dryly asks, eyes still searching mine and seemingly having no patience for Dominic anymore.

'No, I'm fine.' I mumble, shaking my head slightly, taken aback at how bizarrely serious he seems to be about my welfare.

Once he seems satisfied with my answer, he turns around and begins addressing Dominic while I stand by and watch.

'I swear you're lucky Alex is so fucking obsessed with you otherwise-' Eli firmly begins before it seems it's his turn to be interrupted this time a second later.

'Eli.' Alexander warns, curtly shaking his head and signing him to take it easy.

I'm pleasantly surprised to see that Alexander seems to be a little embarrassed at this sweet revelation. What looks to be slight panic appears in his eyes at his best friend's words, his blue eyes darting between Eli and Dominic before disappearing as quickly as it came.