~ chapter 41 ☁️

When we finally arrive at the unfamiliar cinema and I find out we're like 15 minutes early to the screening, I can't say I'm exactly  contempt with Eli's planning ahead skills. Whilst he parks the car, I proceed to lightly tell him off for making us set out so early in the first place, reminding him that now not only do we have 15 minutes to spare but we're also going to have sit through a tedious amount of trailers.

'Yeah, I probably could have planned this a little bit better, huh?' He admits with a lazy grin, probably sensing that I'm not really that annoyed at the present turn of events.

'You could have. But I guess it's better to be early than late.' I comment with a small sigh and a shrug of my shoulders as he switches off the engine, briefly looking outside my window and towards the cinema to watch the people coming in and out of it.

I really hate having to watch the ungodly amount of trailers they always show before a movie and so I usually arrive late enough to skip the majority of them. Today however, nothing is going to take away from the excitement I'm feeling right now about finally being able to to watch Crimson Sky 2.

'You ready to go then?' I hear him ask from behind me and I look over my shoulder to see he has already taken off his seatbelt and is beginning to pull open the car door.

'Yup.' I reply with a smile as I begin to mirror his actions.

I've only just tugged off my seatbelt when I suddenly hear a loud slamming sound to my left that positively scares the crap out of me.

Well, fuck.' I hear Eli frantically mutter in irritation beneath his breath a second after having closed his door with a bang. 'Oi, Willow. Wait a second, will you?'

I instantly stop in my tracks at his urgent calling of my name, lifting my hand off the door handle and confusedly leaning back into my seat. Looking towards him in wonder, I grow even more curious to see he is not even looking at me but rather that his gaze is firmly fixed on something outside of the theatre.

'What's up? Is something wrong?' I ask in a mixture of puzzlement and slight concern towards the boy currently staring outside his window as I try and crane my neck sideways in an effort to gauge his facial expression.

'See that blonde chick by the entrance?' He mumbles when he finally turns to face me, my eyes immediately taking in the slight clench of his jaw and furrow of his brows.

Looking towards the spot he mentions in interest to pinpoint exactly what it is that has seemingly soured his mood so quickly, I soon catch sight onto the person he is referring to.

'The one with the purple top?' I ask in relation to the pretty, blonde girl currently standing outside the main entrance with a couple of other girls.

'Yeah, her.' Eli continues with a nod of his head, soon growing quiet for a second as if he is seemingly attempting to find his words. 'She's one of my... fuck buddies, so to say.'

'Seriously, Eli?' I grumble at his casually spoken explanation, shifting in my seat slightly at this sudden but unsurprising revelation that I won't deny makes me feel a tad uncomfortable. 'I thought we came all this way just to avoid the possibility of bumping into somebody we know.'

'Well, yes but not exactly.' He goes on to sheepishly explain, once again glancing back at the group who appear to be waiting for someone. 'I know a couple of lads who live up here who throw some sick parties. And she's one of the girls I usually bump into when I do go to them.'

'And you don't want to run into her?'

'Hell no.' He quickly replies with a scoff. 'She's too clingy, I know what she's like. And besides, I'm here to watch a movie, not for an easy fuck.'