~ chapter 34 ☁️

I look up in annoyance to glare at his smug grin, hoping to make it obvious how little I appreciate him messaging me something like this. He just smirks back, looking highly content with himself and his little comment. I watch with disinterest when the tall brunette at his side appears to have had enough with his lack of engagement in their conversation, resorting to seductively trailing a hand up his chest and leaning in to whisper something in his ear.

His gaze still stays on me though as I raise an eyebrow at his ballsy self, anticipating his next move. He doesn't waste any time, quickly wrapping a hand around the back of the girl's neck to bring her closer so they can feverishly lock lips. The brunette instantly begins mirroring his own passionate movements and I soon begin feeling awkward when they begin  intensely making out in the open. 

I expect him to have closed his eyes now too and to have began targeting his attention on her, never having known him not to focus on a girl when she was offering herself to him in such a way. Instead however, my cheeks darken when I look up to see his eyes are still open and staring dead at me. And despite his plump lips being covered by her own, I just know that he's smirking straight at me.

I quickly look away from the sight, flustered and shaking my head at him for acting such a way. Fiddling with my fingers uncomfortably, I turn my back to Eli and his 'friend' as I will for Mason to have read my message already and hopefully be on his way now. Thankfully I don't have to wait long before a warm hand is soon wrapping itself around my bare shoulder.

I spin around to come face to face with a slightly red in the cheeks Mason. He flashes me a lopsided and bright grin, before pulling me in close for hug.

'Hey, sweetheart.'

My heart thumps at the pet name, never having thought of myself a fan of the nickname 'sweetheart'- but I guess that was before my ears had been blessed enough to hear Mason James call me it.

'Hi Mason.' I beam back, trying and failing to give him a casual, laidback smile of my own.

He holds me tightly against his chest for a second before soon letting go and stepping back a little to survey my outfit. Just like before with Eli, I suddenly find myself feeling bashful and shy again but this time, the feelings come tenfold in front of my crush.

'Wowwww... You look absolutely stunning.' He murmurs in what sounds like almost disbelief as if he can't quite take his eyes off my figure.

'Oh, stop it.' I mumble happily with warm cheeks, willing my heart to stop beating so hard in my chest at his compliment. 'You look great too.'

And it's true. Mason is wearing a simple black hoodie with neon details, dark cargo pants and some Nike air forces- and he looks extremely attractive in his clothes. It's the kind of thing I'd desperately want to wear but would never consider myself stylish enough to pull off. But Mason, with his laidback vibes and handsome face is of course cool enough to rock this kind of outfit.

He simply rolls his eyes a little at my comment, eyes still stuck to my body as if in a trance.

'Mason.' I giggle, shaking my head at his silliness. 'It's just a simple top and jeans.'

'I know but I'm not used to seeing you in these kinds of things.' He mumbles, eyes still gaping at me beneath his dark lashes.

I understand what he means to be fair. At school, you'll usually find me in a oversized hoodie or sweater matched with joggers or leggings- a simple t-shirt and jeans on a good day maybe. And while this top isn't at all the most scandalous, barely being low necked enough to show any proper cleavage and really just being a simple tank with some lace details- I definitely would never wear something like this to school.